Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: OS11.0: Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

@StevenCee  I can switch from YouTube TV to Netflix to Prime to Hulu to Paramount to HBO Max and back to YouTube TV with zero issues across any of my 10 Roku devices. My family also has Roku TVs with no issues. My mother uses her Roku TV (TCL) 24 hours a day. Not one problem in 4 years 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@StevenCee 

I think OS 11 update will fix that overlay banner issue you are experiencing. (at least it has on my Insignia RokuTV).

Unfortunately, some users are seeing that the update has introduced some other quirks to the OTA like losing the ability to channel up or down in OTA without first going into the Channel guide (left arrow).  I am not seeing this behavior though, so may be brand specific or I haven't yet received the build that introduces this bug.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Latest update from Roku regarding the loss of HDR on Paramount+ and Dolby Vision on HBO Max:

G Sabaree
I really do understand your concern, no need to worry our internal team is working on it, it is timed to be resolved within 2-3 months of time.

Basically, this means August, 2022. Wow. Time to dump Roku.
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

No one here is going to beg you to stay with Roku if you can't wait 2 to 3 months. 

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@OwnerofDevices wrote:

No one here is going to beg you to stay with Roku if you can't wait 2 to 3 months. 

I have already been waiting FOUR months, so, yeah, I'll likely be dumping Roku for something else.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Toddwrtr   Over no 4K support on Paramount+? Wow 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Toddwrtr the problem is with the Paramount and HBO channels, not the Roku OS. The response you received sounds like it was just a generic response, as Roku has no idea how quickly Paramount or HBO will fix their channels. You have to remember that Roku doesn't develop or maintain those channels. They are all provided by 3rd parties, in this case CBS/Paramount and HBO. They have to fix their channels. Roku has no ability to fix something within a 3rd party channel.

Why is not not a Roku OS issue? Because if it was, Dolby Vision wouldn't work on any channel. But it works just fine with Disney+, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, or my local DV titles using Roku Media Player. A problem with the Roku OS would affect all of them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@atc98092  Well said. Kudos. But Todd also posts in Paramount claims a new version will fix it. But a new version was released and it still didn’t fix it. I 100% agree that it’s an issue with Paramount. 4K works awesome on Disney+, Netflix and HBO Max on all my Roku devices 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Actually, Roku v11.0.0 recently broke Dolby Vision on HBO Max.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Toddwrtr  You seem to not understand how things work. If a company updates their operating system and it causes certain apps or channels to not work properly then the channel developer needs to to update their channel to work with the new operating system. 

When Windows updates their OS and it breaks Adobe Reader is it up to Microsoft to fix it? No. Adobe needs to fix it. When Apple updates iOS which causes an issue with Facebook is that Apples problem? No. It’s Metas. Same thing here. 

0 Kudos