Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HellBoy1546
Channel Surfer

Re: OS11.0: Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

I just got the new update.I dont see any real difference from the old version to Roku OS 11.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@HellBoy1546  Technically speaking the average person won’t see any big changes. Just like going from iOS 14 to iOS 15. It’s more or less the same with some added features 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

So far there's been one serious issue with OS 11.0. Devices with USB ports (just the Ultra now) will not connect to portable USB drives. USB sticks are working, but no hard drive is being detected.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Two of my Rokus have updated to v11 so far. The other two are still on v10.5. I will say that v11 does NOT fix the HDR issue on Paramount+ like we were promised.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Is there any rational reason for this slow rollout? It can't good for their customer base, to read of lots of people getting the new update, while sitting with the old one, for months!  Personally, I wonder, and hope, that some of the most aggravating issues I'm experiencing, might not still be there with the new OS, and it's hard to be patient, as more & more are updated.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@StevenCee  Sit back. Relax. No reason to complain daily. I have 10 Roku devices. All are still on 10.5 and working just fine. Your acting like Roku 11 is some major new invention.  Not much is changing. It’s not like your going from XP to 10

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Well, my single device is not working just fine, and so I'm hoping an updated OS might help, since no solutions have been found in this forum. And I'm only acting like it may be a real update, cause I've sure not heard much in the way of details, about anything Roku.

So sitting back and relaxing is easy to say, but when every day is a challenge just doing simple things, like browsing the channel guide, or watching a show (without the program info screen popping up, covering captions, etc,  or the picture is missing, or while scrolling the menu, having it pop back to the previous channel etc), it's not so easy to do...

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@StevenCee  Your using an antenna. Most people are not. Antennas don’t work in most areas and your using a Roku TV. I own 3 TCL Roku TVs, 4 Sticks and 3 Ultras. I watch YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Paramount+, Peacock, HBO Max, Prime and Disney+ with no issues on any of those devices. Yes it’s frustrating. I see your point. But there are alternatives. You can sign up for a live tv streaming service temporarily. Then after Roku OS 11 comes to your tv and see if your issues are fixed. If they are then cancel the live tv streaming service. Your not stuck 

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

What are you talking about? Yes, I use an antenna, which works quite well, but that's only for local channels, and has nothing to do with the other 900 channels streaming on Roku, or Amazon Prime & Netflix, which I also receive, via WiFi.  And the problems I've been having actually apply far more often to the Roku streaming channels than the over the air ones, so having an antenna is irrelevant.

And while your three TVs have no issues, which is great, certainly you can see that many others posting here are having some quite stubborn & persistent issues, most of which have yet to be address with any solutions. Even when automakers recall an entire year's model, due to finding some safety issue, it doesn't mean every car has it, but some have been found that do. So, while hundreds of thousands of car owners could declare that theirs work just fine, it doesn't mean the flaws don't exist in others...

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Let's see...

Now, OS v11.0.0 has removed Dolby Vision from HBO Max.

What's next?

0 Kudos