Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clinerh12

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

This fix did not work.

Our roku ultra has broken channel playback on version 10.0.0.  It says on manual check that there is no newer build. We can view the home page and channel content, and hear sound. But it’s black. The error message claims an HDMI cable. It worked before we updated software today. We have high speed HDMI cables. Our Apple TV works with it.

We’re moving to our Apple TV.

Model
4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial number
YJ003X116917
Software version
10.0.0 • build 4209-46
Uptime
5 minutes

0 Kudos
BillNole
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same with mine.  It's been offering me this rollback "update" for several days now.  I've finally gone ahead and accepted it. All seems to be working ok, although I haven't tried every app.  I didn't notice any issues with 10.5 on my Ultra, but I typically only use about three or four apps routinely...

0 Kudos
tdouglas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. None of our streaming apps work regularly. We have to restart everything, and/or simply watch nothing. Just now, we tried to watch Disney Plus, but the only app that would work was Hulu. We have reached out to customer service but have not received a response yet. We are beginning to look elsewhere. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
OldClone85
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Kcharrison.

Don't expect Roku to fix it without your permission. Call support and they will help. Within 48 hours they sent me 10.0 and all has worked as it should. 

0 Kudos
tdouglas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I couldn't find contact info. Where do I find the phone number? 

0 Kudos
OldClone85
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Looks like they scrubbed the phone number and email and chat. Have you checked out the moderator from Roku who is on the forum, Roku Danny. He has helped many people on this forum. This is a link to his page. You contact him using the Private messaging that is on his page. Roku better get ahold of this problem as it appears to be worsening. Their customer service can't keep up with rising issues. If the link doesn't work you can find him working hard in this forum. He's all over the place trying to help those in need.

Sorry about your issues and Roku's poor response to these issues. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-5-Roku-TV-experiencing-loa...

0 Kudos
Richard1572
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed with rollback to 10.0.0 build 4209-46

0 Kudos
Huffkn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I get the roll back 10.0?

Gary-94080
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku Ultra experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

mine rolled back to 10.0.0 4209-46 for a couple of days and now has a new update.

Ultra 4670X

OS 10.5.0 4208-46

Terabyteman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am running into the same issue with 10.5.  Most of the streaming apps are working, however HBO Max app is not working.

I have followed most the recommendations and reapply every day and still HBO Max is not working.

I request Roku to refund me for the monthly cost of HBO Max until Roku fixes this issue with 10.5.

Also, I request that you quit using google analytics and Nielsen analytic collections behind the scene on the device as I see the network traffic coming from the Roku box.

I also request a OPT-OUT on these analytics collections on the account settings.