Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanda-jane
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

Same issues. Have not checked all channels I have, but Discovery+, Hulu and Peacock are not working and I cannot watch content. Discovery+ loads the content, but when I select anything I get a an error message. Hulu and Peacock indicate network errors.

Customer Service chat told me to connect through my phone hotspot. I could view the content, but it pauses on a blank screen every so often and then sometimes totally goes black. This is not a solution, but only a poor workaround.

So frustrating!!  Roku... many have complained... what is the resolution???

0 Kudos
Wcraighead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

4660x

YJ008R860481

CK4888860481

10.5.0 build 4201-46

pretty much all channels but Disney plus, HBO, Hulu, YouTube, Rokus own advertising pane on the main menu are for sure a problem. 

it takes extend time 1-3 minutes for an app to launch and authenticate user. Then minutes to load any thumbnails. About 70 percent application failure to load a show after selecting it.  Been this was for 2-3 weeks now. 

Comcast is the internet provider but other computers and streaming devices Apple TV, PlayStation operate just fine.

0 Kudos
wanda-jane
Reel Rookie

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

Having issues getting some channels/content. Channels affected so far are Discovery+, Hulu, and Peacock.

Discovery+: "Sorry, there was an error trying to playback DRM protected content"
Hulu: "Network Error message.. Sorry, we encountered a network error. Please check the network connection and try again. If this error persists, please visit www.hulu.com/help"
Peacock: "Something went wrong."

My Roku Device: Model 4660X Software Version: 10.5.0 * 4201-46
Device ID: CK3915931913

Discovery+ Channel Info: Version 2.5 * Build 0
Issue report tracker: ID 13-460-359
HULU Channel Info: Version 6.54 * build 1
Issue report tracker: ID 13-460-362
Peacock Channel Info: Version 2.10 * build 35
Issue report tracker: ID 13-460-369

I have updated the software, I have restarted the system, I connected to my phone's hotspot and that worked for a few minutes only. Now not working on wifi or hotspot

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wcraighead 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with your ISP (internet service provider) along with the brand and model number of the router that you are using? 

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny,

The problem with 10.5 has precisely nothing to do with internet, and blaming customers for Roku's failure isn't the approach to take.  100 mbps, before and after, 10.5 killed Vudu (which no longer plays UHD titles without stuttering, skipping, and freezing, before forcing HDX).  Immediately issue a reversion to 10.0.0 so that we can use our apps; in the meanwhile, figure this problem out and reissue 10.5, when ready.

RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

As a software engineer, this seems like a silly request. The fact that there was no issue prior to the update indicates that it is a software issue, especially when all other smart devices work fine on the network. Trying to blame it on customers is not the way to go. Revert the update until this is resolved.

That being said, my ISP is Xfinity. It's an Xfinity-branded hybrid router/modem. I would have to unhook it from my wall and pull it out from behind a cabinet to track down the model. 

DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recommend not even acknowledging the blame-shift.  "It's the ISP...or simply the dumb customer!"--always the right approach.  (As is failing to provide user-level software version reversion, if necessary--as it is, in this case.)  (I'd like to watch my expensive Vudu UHD collection; looks like 2021 is out--and maybe 2022.)

0 Kudos
Wcraighead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,

ISP Comcast

Comcast supplied Router:

Brand -Cisco

Model - DPC3941T

0 Kudos
DBarr

Roku Ultra November 17th update causing apps to load slowly and some don't work at all.

Jump to solution

Apparently, my Roku Ultra updated during the morning of Nov 17th, 2021 and now all my apps load very slowing and some are no longer working.  Is anyone else having the same issue?