Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc44
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

That is very helpful to know. Thanks so much for sharing. I was actually wondering what the turn around was. 

TimothyJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine has been down for close to a week at this point. I’m not holding my breath on a roll back working. 

ratchetsup
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

PM'd my info before 8am this morning and havent heard anything back so Im going to post here as well just in case.

Roku TV: 7813X

Westinghouse Model: WR43UX4019

Serial: YN00L6456779

Software: 10.5.0 build 4201-AM

Device ID: 0G80CL456779

Issue ID: 79-466-059

Issue: Network connection error or unable to stream video and load thumbnails on all apps except netflix.

Thank you!

Sdh05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also PM’d my info to @RokuDanny-R this morning but I’m posting it here, too, just to be safe.
My problem is the same as everyone else: channels won’t connect or load (except Netflix) and Roku videos and anything else won’t stream.

Here is my info:

Roku TV 7141X 
TCL model 50S421 
Serial number YN001H227091 
Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-30 
Device ID NM9911227091

Thanks for whatever you can do to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
ace750
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am also in the same position. Recent 10.5 update has rendered all our Roku Smart TV's (Onn's & TCL's) completely useless. 4 of them.

It's been 4 days and counting now. Netflix is the ONLY channel working properly, every other channel (you name it) will not load at all, gives error messages, or take like 15 minutes to load **bleep** SD buffering content and then fails. It's beyond frustrating at this point. It's a widespread problem. I rebooted the modem/router, hooked up to ethernet, went thermonuclear and factory reset all Roku smart tv's and they all do the same thing .. all channels not working except Netflix. And this took hours as I'm sure you all know.

All wifi and connected devices in the home connecting at blazing fast speeds. It is NOT our home network in any way. It is absolutely the Roku 10.5 update that broke all our TV watching abilities (sand Netflix only) for days now. Roku - PLEASE for the love of god post something on your website front and center acknowledging the problem and suggest a solution - or even a temporary solution. We are dead in the water.

Rollback instructions please,  or, push out a new update to fix. This seems to be the ONLY solutions at this point, right? I've tried everything else. All smart Roku TV's say the signal strength is Excellent too. This is maddening. 

Halterhorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ditto!!  Currently experiencing the same issue with my 58" Sharp Roku TV after the recent firmware update.  Sure would like to get some response from the company since the firmware update obviously is the root of the issues.

FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you have to collect the identification information from your device and send it to Danny at ROKU. Search the thread for"

Danny "

ace750
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I understand a few others have done that, but, separating user by user for one off fixes is not the answer here for this current situation. It is very widespread and Roku needs a mass rollout of either an update fix (like 10.6) OR, rollback instructions for everyone experiencing these issues. 

Again, I and others are also asking Roku to please post something on their website about this problem.

I have the same issue on (4) separate Roku TV's, all less than 1yr old, both Onn and TCL brand. In 2 different houses. All are recently on 10.5. They ALL have these same issues and can only connect to Netflix and even that is slow.

Jump to solution

Same here.  

Same thing happened to me when I updated my TV to 10.5.0.

Anything that requires an internet connection is just SUPER slow or cannot access it.  Reinstalling the apps and resetting the TV didn’t help. Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Roku TV: 7105X
TCL model: 55S405
Serial number: YN00PP631705

Software version: 10.5.0 • build 4201-30

PLEASE HELP!!!

ace750
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ditto. 4 Roku TV's in 2 separate houses. Onn and TCL brand. All less than 1yr old. All auto updated to 10.5. All not working at all except for Netflix is half of normal. All other channels not working. Network is blazing fast. This is a widespread issue. Roku should acknowledge this on their site somewhere and push out a fix update like 10.6 or rollback option, ASAP! Common Roku .. we have been loyal to you. Please do the right thing here. This is a big deal and seemingly one of your biggest blunders in recent memory. Don't let it spiral.