Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you patience while we investigate the issue you are experiencing.

If you have not already provided us with your device information in this thread, please send me a Private Message (PM) with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

For more information about how to send a PM, please see our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/m-p/698230...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ptracton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am in the same position.  I have 2 Rokus.  One is an Ultra Serial Number YJ00H0586056 and one is a 43' TCL TV Serial Number YN00T8268493.  

Both upgraded to OS 10.5 build 4210-30 and every channels fails to load (except Netflix).  They are both wired into the router.  I have rebooted the router and modem.  I have done a factory reset on the Ultra.  It took hours to re-install the applications but nothing was working.  

The fact that there are reports of this that are 2 months old makes me thing Roku is not taking this seriously and I should switch to their competitors.  How could your company do such a poor job at this and for so long????

This is my first week off in 2 years and now Roku has stopped working.  

Jump to solution

Danny.  Same issue.  And I have no envelope next to my avatar to send you a PM.

MODEL: TCL Model 50S4223
SERIAL NO: YN00TE443178
DEVICE ID: J3996T443178
O/S: 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Re: The 10.5 update made my tv a BRICK

Jump to solution

Yeah Roku what the **bleep**??? Fix this issue ASAP stop asking stupid questions like what model is our TV or if our internet is good or if we did a hard reset. You know your update is bad so fix before your looking at a legal problem

fishinfool

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

Same for my TCL 65" Roku tv.  Once they pushed this latest update TV has been acting weird...menu's have changed up and it's very laggy (3 to 5 seconds for remote commands to register and commence)...to the point I've had to do a system restart on it at least 3 times now to get the response time to go back to normal.  ROKU....do your job and fix this **bleep**!!  Or better yet tell your engineers to leave well enough alone...my TV worked flawlessly until this latest update so the old adage "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" rings true!!!

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm currently experiencing it on my ultra as well. I sent the Roku person that's been on this chain Danny all the information on my Roku TV, and it it was pushed a rollback on software yesterday and this morning it's finally working again. So I've just sent him the same information for the ultra, and I'm really hoping it works. In one of the post, he said when the error happens press the home button five times and then the back button five times and you get a box that pops up on the screen. It gives all of the information including an issue ID that needs to be sent to him.

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After I sent Danny my Roku TV information yesterday, I woke up this morning and Now my TV's working. I had not sent him my Roku ultra information yet, so I believe that is why that's still not working. If you send him the information you get after pressing the home button five times and the back button five times, I believe they will be able to push through the fix for you. That screen gives them a direct ticket number to your box.

GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Remove what channel? For me the issue has been going for 3 days since the update to 10.5
• first the whole system lags profusely. Two minutes just to wait for over the air channels to play—nothing to do with apps
• All my subscription apps (Prime, AMC+, Paramount, Disney+ etc.) won't load or play content at all, except Netflix after waiting several minutes to load but then Netflix will shut down randomly and return to home screen.
• My TCL tv (model 49S405) is hardwired to the modem.

My TV is broke and near useless. I tried all the remedies here but I'm not doing a factory reset only to have 10.5 update put me back in the same boat after installing all my subscription channels. Just to turn it on I have to wait a good two minutes just to start watching over the air local antennae channels. Please fix this. There are no practical solutions here to fix what this 10.5 update broke.

EdFlorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I followed the instructions provided by Danny and installed a new update. Everything working again!!!

Thank you Danny.

Moriahe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Does anyone have the number for Roku tv?