Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delligator

Re: Search bar went missing from my Sharp Roku Smart TV

Lost ours too.  Super annoying to have now have to google where to stream a show or movie instead of simply searching on our TV.

0 Kudos

Bring back the “Search” on the main menu

Is there a way that we could get the “Search” option back on the main menu? 
Whenever we are looking for a particular movie or series to watch, it was nice to just search for it on the main screen, so you know which channel or app that show is on. 

0 Kudos
nsomniak6
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] No search function available on menu/Unable to locate channels

Hi again, 

I made sure that the software was up to date, which it was, and I then turned it off (restarted it) and turned it back on again and the search function did return. I happened to see that and realized that is a solution that is good practice for a lot of electronics but I tend to forget that Roku has that functionality since it is always in.

Thank you for your help.

To the person who told people to "calm down", it might not be wise to say that particular phrase because it can get people more angry at times especially if they have already tried all of the suggestions and they haven't worked. It can be very frustrating and although I am sure you didn't mean as patronizing, sometimes it can come off that way especially online. Just a thought.. 

0 Kudos

I did this and it didn't work.  I still have no search button.  Very annoying! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @craftydiane,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We recommend restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. If you have a Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in to resolve the issue. 

In addition, if performing a system update (Settings > System > System Update) does not resolve the issue of the Search option missing on your home page, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Hammarlund

We just set up our Roku Express 4+ in the US.  We accidentally had a VPN on (a Swedish site) when we set it up.  We have no 'search' function to search for channels.  We turned off the VPN and did a system restart, but that didn't work. 

Other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hammarlund,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels/features in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel/feature may not be offered by the channel provider or Roku platform. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How to create a Roku® account | Official Roku Support Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jeffc722

After doing a factory reset the search feature is no longer there how do I add Xfinity beta???

0 Kudos
jmbraben
Binge Watcher

Spoke to chat...transcript 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jeffc722,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still unable to see the Search option.
Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

You may also refer to this link to add Xfinity channel: Xfinity Stream Beta | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku 

Let us know if you need further help from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos