Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hogmomma
Reel Rookie

OKKO Screensavers not working

Jump to solution

I've noticed that all the screensavers designed by OKKO have stopped working. There is no sideshow or change of screen, which defeats the whole point of having a screensaver. It just shows a picture and the name of the screensaver the entire time, no matter which one. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DMSY
Reel Rookie

Re: OKKO Screensavers not working

Jump to solution

Hi: 

I'm new to the community and haven't quite figured out how to post a message that I'm sure everyone will see, so I will just reply to your message.

I contacted Roku support about my issue with the OKKO screensavers, and their troubleshooting steps worked perfectly for me.

Here is a copy of the steps they recommended.

Let's try some sequential troubleshooting steps below and check if it resolves the issue. 

1. Remove the screensaver from your Roku device: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and Highlight the screensaver ->Press * star button on the Roku remote->Remove channel 
2. Do a System Update: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and select Settings->System->System Update->Check now 
3. Restart the Roku device: Restarting the system will flush out all the random, unimportant, and temporary data bogging down your device Press the home button on the Roku remote and select Settings->System->Power->System restart 
4. Add the screensaver on your Roku: Press the home button on the Roku remote and select Streaming channel->Search channel->Type "screensaver name"-> Add   screensaver
5. Update the screensaver and check, highlight the screensaver> Press the star (*) button on the Roku remote>Click on check for updates 

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please reply back to this email for further assistance.

Before I contacted Roku support, I tried all the steps they recommended, but (apparently) I didn't perform them in the correct order.  If users are still having issues with OKKO screensavers, I hope these troubleshooting steps will prove helpful to resolve their issues. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hogmomma

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that screensavers functionality, you'll want to contact the screensaver provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels/screensavers on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel/screensaver provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kasius
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello. I am an OKKO developer. If the problem persists, please provide the model of your Roku device. We had an issue from 09/01 to 02/09 when updating screensavers to provide the cryptocurrency widget.

Hogmomma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have several devices, including the new soundbar. We bought it in vacation so it was connected to a totally different TV, internet service, etc and still had the same problem with the Screensavers. They all pull up the first picture with the name of the Screensaver on them and they don't change. We've checked all the settings, they're fine. We changed the 3 devices to different screensavers developers and they work fine. I've checked with a few friends and they said they have the same problem with the OKKO screens. We love your screensavers! Hope they get fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
BobsUrUncle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have the exact same issue on my TV with all of your screensavers as well.  It loads up the title screen, but then never switches to any other picture.  Works fine with other screensavers from other developers as well.

I have a Roku TV : 7104x

TCL Model: 49S405

0 Kudos
cougarcrossing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I purchased the widgets.  But they do not move, defeating the purpose of a screensaver.  Please update your widget coding so their location isn't static.  

0 Kudos
Kasius
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your attention to OKKO screensavers. It is a great idea and we will be grateful if you provide your vision of available widget positions.
We thought to provide an opportunity to choose a position for each widget
Left-Top
Left-Bottom
Right-Top
Right-Bottom
Will it be enough for you?
Please share your suggestions
Also what is your opinion of Crypto widget

0 Kudos
cougarcrossing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If the widget stays in a fixed position, it burns into the screen, defeating the point of the screensaver.  It's not a phone background.  The screensaver isn't there just to look nice or be an organizer. It changes what's on the screen to protect the TV.  The pixels lit by the widgets need to change by themselves when the screen is left unattended.  They don't have to move a lot. They could just fade in and out.  

The flexibility for users to choose a widget general location is a great idea if it isn't difficult to develop.  But that is a feature and the widgets moving is a requirement of screen savers.

Thank you for your response.  

0 Kudos
DMSY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have two All in One screensavers by OKkO; they both stopped working a few days ago.  They are both stuck on the last screensaver I selected, and the screensaver apps WILL NOT LET ME GO TO THE CHANNEL so that I can change the setting to a different screensaver.  It kind of defeats the purpose of an ALL IN ONE SCREENSAVER.  I installed both of the OKKO All in One screensavers on Roku sticks model 3800X.  The screensavers worked fine until a few days ago; I've never had a problem like this before.

0 Kudos
DMSY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi: 

I'm new to the community and haven't quite figured out how to post a message that I'm sure everyone will see, so I will just reply to your message.

I contacted Roku support about my issue with the OKKO screensavers, and their troubleshooting steps worked perfectly for me.

Here is a copy of the steps they recommended.

Let's try some sequential troubleshooting steps below and check if it resolves the issue. 

1. Remove the screensaver from your Roku device: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and Highlight the screensaver ->Press * star button on the Roku remote->Remove channel 
2. Do a System Update: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and select Settings->System->System Update->Check now 
3. Restart the Roku device: Restarting the system will flush out all the random, unimportant, and temporary data bogging down your device Press the home button on the Roku remote and select Settings->System->Power->System restart 
4. Add the screensaver on your Roku: Press the home button on the Roku remote and select Streaming channel->Search channel->Type "screensaver name"-> Add   screensaver
5. Update the screensaver and check, highlight the screensaver> Press the star (*) button on the Roku remote>Click on check for updates 

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please reply back to this email for further assistance.

Before I contacted Roku support, I tried all the steps they recommended, but (apparently) I didn't perform them in the correct order.  If users are still having issues with OKKO screensavers, I hope these troubleshooting steps will prove helpful to resolve their issues. 🙂

0 Kudos