Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irritated32
Channel Surfer

Non stop Issues unsolved... themes, network, auto restarts, et cetera

I've Spent/wasted hours here for what should be simple solves.  Some of the other ROKU customers have been very helpful but there seems to be NO actual solutions to these issues with all ROKU televisions.

1. Background themes: Roku kept changing it on me.  Advice followed here... Turned off holiday/seasonal themes. Seemed to work for a couple months but they changed it again just prior to christmas... I now have NO option on setting menu for "Themes" and am stuck with ROKU's cartoon(y), fluffy snowy swept hill side background.

2. TV cannot remember my wifi network: Every time I turn it on or leave it on unused for a while it needed to be restarted after 3-5 minutes of searching for my network.  I now have it set to go to sleep instead of actually powering down (Had to go to youtube for the solve on this one).  Seemed to solve it?

3. Shut down or Restarts while watching a show: So far the similar posts with this issue have answers from "Rokudanny-r" (Roku Employee) are to remove channel?! WTF?! Here we go again... more wasted time surfing and/or watching multiple youtube vids for a solve...

This is insane!!!  Buy a TV, Set it up, tweak settings, surf roku community, set it up again, tweak settings again, reset tv and repeat... again and again!!!  I've now reached level 8 on roku community?!  ARE you kidding me? YAY, level 8?  I just want to watch a **bleep** show, not obtain some arbitrary rank due to hours WASTED on roku community trying to solve the riddle of why I bought a ROKU!!!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Non stop Issues unsolved... themes, network, auto restarts, et cetera

What model Roku do you have? The model number, please, not just the name. 

I just checked my Ultra, and the Theme menu option is still there, right below Remotes and above Display. There is still a switch for seasonal, which I have turned off. I will say that I have seen it turned back on with an OS update, but not commonly. I never saw any of the seasonal themes, since I have them turned off.

What channel is restarting while in use? Yes, the first troubleshooting step is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step that must not be skipped) and adding the channel back. 

If you're having issues with multiple things, sometimes a complete factory reset clears out some bad code. I don't like recommending it, since it takes a little effort to set it back up. But it is usually successful if the problem is code related. If there's a hardware issue (certainly a slight possibility), then nothing will resolve the problem(s) other than replacing it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

My model is the E4AA55R. it’s not showing themes in my settings I can’t find it at all. I want a theme for the background so it looks a little cooler

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Itz_Cadence @That is not a Roku model number. It’s a 4 digit number with one or two letters at the end, such as 3920R. 
 Or do you have a Roku TV?

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

E4AA55R is an Element Roku TV.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos