Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WHOLAW

Re: Sound issues with casting post update

Why no response from Roku

issue has been ongoing since may

just bought a Roku, going to return 

what a disappointing product 

Sunil
Channel Surfer

Tried to contact support, this is what I see:

"Agent-assisted support is not available for your issue and/or model."

I have:

Roku Express 3930X, Software 10.0.0. build 4209-AE

I am also unable to get any audio at all when I cast a work out from the bike to the Roku.

When doing a bootcamp, you have to get off the bike and move to the floor.  I can see the picture, but no audio at all.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sunil  @WHOLAW 

Message @RokuDanny-R  with a brief description of the issue "No Sound Miracasting from Peleton w/OS 10" and your system details (account name/model #/serial #/device ID) and he can forward them to engineering.

@RokuDanny-R, has this issue been forwarded/acknowledged by firmware engineering yet?

0 Kudos
Sunil
Channel Surfer

Confirmed that the 10.0.0 update has broken the Miracast functionality.

I found an older Roku Stick (3600X) at home and plugged it in.  It was running version 9 something.

I had no issues connecting the Peloton via casting and hearing audio on several attempts (connect, confirm, power down, connect again, test, confirm, disconnect, test again, confirm), all with no issues.

The Roku Stick Auto-Updated overnight, and the same issue has occurred. Connection works, but no audio.

It takes 5 to 10 attempts to get it to connect and broadcast audio, and when it does, the Roku volume is very low.  I need to make the Peloton volume as high as possible, then turn the TV up to a volume of 90 (0-100) in order to hear anything.

Was working fine on version of 9 of the software on both devices.  Once it went to 10.0.0, it stopped working.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sunil 

Make sure you contact Roku directly again, provide them with the additional testing information.

0 Kudos
Sunil
Channel Surfer

Yep, sent a message to Roku Danny like you suggested with all the details.

There is no way to send an email or contact support directly as you suggested.

When I went to the webpage for support under the contact us page and put in all the details, this was the message:

"Agent-assisted support is not available for your issue and/or model."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

https://support.roku.com/contactus

then choose:      setup/ultra/other/need more help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sunil

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. Once I receive more information, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried casting to other non Roku devices to see if you are experiencing issues as well? In addition, can you also provide the specific date that you tried casting to your Roku and experienced this issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunil
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I purchased the Amazon Firestick and am able to use its "screen mirroring" function to cast the Peloton screen to the TV in the same room with no issues, trying to do the same with the Roku causes the problems.  Sound and video work just as expected with the Firestick. I can also cast to my two smartTVs in other parts of the house that have screen mirroring as an option with no issues. I have not tried using the Roku as I am pretty convinced that the latest upgrade to 10.0.0 from the 9.x is the issue.

0 Kudos