Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy_bre
Reel Rookie

No sound when I cast from peloton bike to Roku

I recently updated my Roku (because it didn’t give me a choice), and now when I cast from my peloton bike to my Roku, there is no sound. I can hear the sound when I move around the screen and with other Roku apps, it is only casting that is the problem.

How do I fix this? I bought the Roku specifically to cast from my bike so this is incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Sound issues with casting post update

@Breezy_bre wrote:

I recently updated my Roku (because it didn’t give me a choice), and now when I cast from my peloton bike to my Roku, there is no sound. I can hear the sound when I move around the screen and with other Roku apps, it is only casting that is the problem. How do I fix this? I bought the Roku specifically to cast from my bike so this is incredibly frustrating.

You probably mean mirror your Peleton (using Miracast).

Try:

1)  Check for updates again (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2)  Restart your Roku and Peleton device (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) - try again

0 Kudos
Breezy_bre
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I have restarted (unplugged) everything for 30 seconds, did a factory reset on my Roku, and still nothing. It’s very odd. 

On my bike, I choose “cast screen” and then the Roku says something like “Android would like to cast, allow?”

I can mirror from my phone without issue, it’s just when I choose to cast from my bike. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Breezy_bre wrote:

Thanks, I have restarted (unplugged) everything for 30 seconds, did a factory reset on my Roku, and still nothing. It’s very odd. 

On my bike, I choose “cast screen” and then the Roku says something like “Android would like to cast, allow?”

I can mirror from my phone without issue, it’s just when I choose to cast from my bike. 

What Roku model # and firmware version do you have?  (Settings/System/About)

They are both mirroring using Miracast (Peleton chose poorly when designing its UI). 

Casting is per-app and allows remote control, whereas Mirroring is per-device and allows remote display.

I recommend choosing "Always allow" for your own/known devices.

(As an aside, you might also consider renaming the bike in its settings to "Peleton" or something you prefer, so that you know what it is when mirroring etc, though that may be difficult, depending).

Try toggling the volume/mute on/off after you connect.

Another possibility is that Miracast supports audio redirection - most sending device implementations allow you to choose the sending device or the receiving device (or even a third device) once connected for audio output - your bike's Miracast audio setting may have somehow changed - see if theres a way to choose which device the audio is sent to via the Peleton tablet interface.

Since the Peleton tablet/touchscreen is an Android-based device, there may be updates for it.

(Also FYI - there is a Roku Peleton app, though it has limitations)

Otherwise, you'll need to contact Roku and Peleton support directly.

Roku chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
Kpurdy2

The same thing happened to me since the update on May 12!!!! I’ve tried everything. If you figure it out please let me know 😞

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Kpurdy2 @taerchy46 

Both of you need to be more specific about your issue:  What model # and firmware?  What specific issue with the Roku are you having?

0 Kudos
Breezy_bre
Reel Rookie

3930CA Roku express, software version 10.0.0 build 4195-AE.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

A RokuCast (Miracast receiver app) update (1.9.6) was released today (5/25) - Check for updates (Settings/System/System update/Check now) and test your connections again.

0 Kudos
teletypest
Reel Rookie

Hi

Is it possible to make my Roku device only speak if I ask it to?

0 Kudos
AncientEnemy
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.