Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Sound issues with casting post update

@Sunil wrote:

@RokuDanny-R 

I purchased the Amazon Firestick and am able to use its "screen mirroring" function to cast the Peloton screen to the TV in the same room with no issues, trying to do the same with the Roku causes the problems.  Sound and video work just as expected with the Firestick. I can also cast to my two smartTVs in other parts of the house that have screen mirroring as an option with no issues. I have not tried using the Roku as I am pretty convinced that the latest upgrade to 10.0.0 from the 9.x is the issue.

Yes, a certain build+ of OS10 broke this for Peleton (and likely other apps).

Its good to have a multiplatform streaming strategy (I recommend 3 different platforms, one of which is Android/Android TV), and this is exactly why:  software updates (firmware/app/etc) often break functionality, so you need an alternate platform to use when that happens.

Its likely it also works fine with any TV's built-in Miracast functionality as well (they rarely if ever get updates).

Regardless, its good that you posted back confirming the RokuOS10 Miracast bug.

@RokuDanny-R  please forward this information to the firmware engineers and check on the status of fixing the Miracast bug in RokuOS10-4209 impacting Peleton/etc.

0 Kudos
mcna

Re: No sound when I cast from peloton bike to Roku

Any solution to this?  Same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @mcna

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenOfSales
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound issues with casting post update

# 1 it's Peloton not Peleton.  #2 it is NOT Mirror casting  - Mirror is DIFFERENT than Casting.  In order to help someone need to have the correct information.  Sorry to chime in....HOWEVER I am having the same problem NOW as of Yesterday 3/26/2022 while I have been CASTING from my Peloton bike for over a year, suddenly there is no sound.  

After reading this thread, I will, when back home try rebooting my ROKU box.  If that doesn't work I will then call Roku...if that doesn't work I will call Peloton, but I am sure it's probably Roku.  

Meanwhile - I have the Roku Ultra, I bought it about a year and half ago. AGain it's been working the whole time, I can see the picture and all works when cast EXCEPT the audio 😞

0 Kudos
jeremyf0923
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue as everyone else.  I have a Roku Express (3930RW) with software version 10.5.0 - build 4208-AE.  I am trying to screen mirror from my Peloton Bike via Miracast to the Roku Express.  It connects without any issue; however, I only get video - NO audio.  Audio works flawlessly on the Roku Express when not utilizing Miracast.  Sounds like from the other posts that a recent Roku software update inadvertently "broke"/disabled the audio.  Restarting the Peloton and Roku Express unfortunately didn't solve the problem.  I bought the Roku Express only for this Miracast functionality.  If this is not going to be corrected quickly, then will need to return.  Please advise ASAP.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jeremyf0923

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to cast without issues to other non Roku devices from the Peloton bike?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeremyf0923
Reel Rookie

Just purchased an Amazon Fire TV stick and Miracast works flawlessly (video and audio).  This is definitely a Roku software issue.  Seems like the same exact issue now for almost a year from everyone on this thread.  Will this likely not be corrected any time soon?

0 Kudos
thegbees

I had been Miracasting from my Peloton for some time, and stopped for unrelated reasons.  Recently I decided to try, only to discover the same problem everyone else has been having.  I read over the posts and emailed Roku support. 

This morning, while connected to wifi, I disabled Miracasting, then disconnected from my wifi.  I reconnected to wifi, then re-enabled Miracasting.  Much to my shock, if I turn up the volume all the way on my bike (1st gen, 2 year old screen) and turn up the volume somewhat on the TV, I can hear the instructor and music.  Hope my method helps.

In addition, here are the instructions that Roku sent me (note they say "issues in screen mirroring from Phone to Roku" (instead of Peloton) but I'm guessing that's probably part of their boilerplate.

Good luck to all.

From Roku:

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand that you are facing issues in screen mirroring from Phone to Roku device.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to check if it resolves the issue.

• Power cycle your Roku device by unplugging the device from the power source and reconnect it after 30 seconds
  • Disable Miracast: Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring -> Screen Mirroring Mode -> Never Allow
  • Setup network connection: Settings -> Network -> Setup connection -> Wireless -> {select the AP}
  • Once Captive Portal is detected, select "At dorm or hotel" in the pop-up
  • Another dialog will popup informing you that Device Connect is disabled and will take you to the Device Connect dialog. Select Enable
  • Set up a network connection again (#2 above) and follow the normal captive portal routine to connect to the network
  • Re-enable Miracast: Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring -> Screen Mirroring Mode -> Prompt or Always Allow

If the issue persists, please help us with the following information in order to isolate the issue:

1. Provide the Serial number of the device ( Navigate to settings > system > about )
  2. Have you tried using different laptop/phone? If so, let us know the make and model of the laptop/phone tried.
  3. Do you observe any error message on the screen? Send us the picture of it
  4. Since when have you been facing this issue?
  5. Are both the devices connected to the same network?
  6. Check the network connection speed on the Roku (To check the internet download speed, press the home button on the Roku remote >> Settings >> Network >> Check connection >> After seeing two checkmarks >> Push OK button >> Internet download speed)
  7. Have you tried mirroring after connecting the Roku device to your mobile hotspot/different network?

Thank you for choosing Roku, have a nice day!

0 Kudos
MBR17

@RokuDanny-R 

I am having this same issue with my Peloton Tread. I purchased a Roku Ultra 4800X at the end of March to replace an old Roku 3 4200X that stopped Miracasting with my Peloton. I figured at 10 years old I simply needed a new Roku.

My Roku Ultra 4800X is currently running 11.0.0 build 4180-C2. My Peloton Tread monitor is running Android 9.

Miracast from the Peloton Tread to the Roku Ultra worked fine for about 3 weeks, through Sunday, April 17. On the morning of Monday, April 18 I attempted to use Miracast as usual and now I can only Miracast video, but the audio doesn’t work.

I’ve power cycled the Roku Ultra and the Peloton Tread 2 times each. I’ve refreshed audio settings, and I cleared the Miracast saved devices and connected the Roku Ultra and Peloton Tread as if for the first time. The error with no audio persists.

Can you please advise?

0 Kudos