Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fjvghcgy

No private listening

Jump to solution

My roku is an older model, the remote has no audio jack, i have the app and still cant private listen or get the headphone thing to pop up while my Bluetooth headphones are connected

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No private listening

Jump to solution

@Fjvghcgy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that private listening is a feature that allows you to listen to the audio from your Roku® streaming player or Roku TV™ through a pair of headphones. This feature is available if you have a remote control with a headphone jack, or through the Roku mobile app.

You can use the Roku device comparison chart to determine which products support private listening.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Solving problems with private listening

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fjvghcgy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that private listening is a feature that allows you to listen to the audio from your Roku® streaming player or Roku TV™ through a pair of headphones. This feature is available if you have a remote control with a headphone jack, or through the Roku mobile app.

You can use the Roku device comparison chart to determine which products support private listening.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Solving problems with private listening

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thx for the explanation. 

No thx to Mgmt or web designer making this answer such a complete PITA to find. 

JZ1

Re: No headphones showing in Roku Mobile App

Jump to solution

My Roku remote control have the audio jack, however, my mobile app doesn’t show the headphones icon. I updated the app to have the latest version and still doesn’t pop up. What can I do? I want to use my phone for private listening since my remote is not working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No headphones showing in Roku Mobile App

Jump to solution

@JZ1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos