Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio when "Auto (DD+, DTS-HD)" is selected

I'm streaming on a Roku Stick 4K into a Polk Magnifi 2 into a Samsung Smart TV's eARC port.

When my Audio Mode is selected to "Auto (DD+, DTS-HD)" no sound is emitted when streaming on certain apps (Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Disney+, Peacock, etc). The clicks from moving from show to show can be heard, and even Netflix's automatic preview when landing on a show plays audio, but once I start streaming the sound disappears. 

I have two choices that solve this for right now.

One, if the app allows it (Netflix does but Disney+ doesn't, for example), I can select the audio options within the episode or movie I'm streaming and move from the automatic "English [Original] (5.1)" to "English [Original]" but I have no desire to do that every time.

Two, I can move the Audio Mode option from "Auto (DD+, DTS-HD)" to "Stereo" and then (at least in Netflix) it defaults to "English [Original]."

More than anything, I'm curious, trying to pinpoint why this is happening. The soundbar supports Dolby and DTS, so the 5.1 shouldn't be preventing audio from emitting. Does this mean there's some sort of decoding problem with my Roku Stick? Or is it the soundbar itself? I used to have this Stick plugged into a home theater receiver with no issues. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ten21
Reel Rookie

Re: No audio when "Auto (DD+, DTS-HD)" is selected

I have had the same issue. Did you ever find a solution to it?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Greeting @Ten21

We're glad you are here in Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are running into. For us to help you better, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ten21
Reel Rookie

Hi Nimfa,

For programs outputting from Netflix, Hbomax, and prime do not have audio unless I change audio mode from "off" to either "leveling" or "night" or if change audio out put from "auto" to "stereo". Mt roku stick is connected to my TV which outputs through hdmi to a soundbar that supports DD, DD+, DTS, etc. The menus have sound, it's just when the program starts that I have issues.

My other devices do not have a sound issue.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Ten21

Thanks for the following up. 

If you are experiencing issues and have set up your Roku streaming player for surround sound, there are steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for steps which include the concern if you do not hear audio: Set up your player for surround sound

Keep us posted if it helps. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos