I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I'm based in South Africa but unable to get a search option. Please can someone assist.
Roku isn't supported in your region. It will work, but many features won't be available.
1) What is stopping them from being available?
2) All merchandise & branding should then make it clear that many material value adds are actually not available as this is misleading and false advertising.
3) How hard can it be to add a search function on the website or roku device or app ?????
4) What does region have to do with that functionality ?
5) Have you ever tried to look for a channel when no search functionality exists? It is painful to scroll through hundreds of channel icon looking for something.
6) Roku needs to up their game and take some initiative and accountability if they are to continue selling their devices in South Africa!
We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are inquiring about the Roku Search feature.
Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Roku Search is available in Spanish in Mexico and the United States.
For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search? | Official Roku Support
Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.
Unfortunately we have already experienced years without any support in South Africa and my patience has run out. I have given my old roku away and returned the new one I just bought under the mistaken assumption that the newer models would now work.