Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brewmastrt

No Home Screen Roku 4 Ultra

I cannot display the Home screen neither through my Denon receiver, nor directly through an HDMI port on my LG TV.

If I press the "Netflix" button on the remote, it opens Netflix every time in either of the above setups.

Unfortunately, I can't even get to the Settings to see if there is something I can change.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: No Home Screen Roku 4 Ultra

If you have another TV you can try that. Swap HDMI cables. But the Roku 4 was released back in 2015. It is possible it just has an internal failure. You can also try a factory reset 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Home Screen Roku 4 Ultra

@Brewmastrt 

Do you have a Roku 4 or a Roku Ultra? They look similar, but they are not the same thing. The model number should be on the device itself.

When you press the Netflix button on the remote, your Roku's Netflix app opens. That indicates the app was loaded. So, how? Were you previously able to access the menu? If so, when did it stop? What circumstances might there be when that happened?

How are you attempting to access the menu from Netflix? That is, how are you attempting to exit Netflix? The Back button? The Home button?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos