Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nedford
Channel Surfer

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

I have been using both AirPlay and Mirroring for many years; however, AirPlay is an Apple proprietary term.

To be clear, Apple device mirroring refers to only displaying what is on the Apple device screen on another device, while Airplay refers to broadcasting the content itself on another device. So in this situation it's a semantical difference since the Roku calls it "Screen Mirroring" and probably legally can not use the term "AirPlay".

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

My objective in replying to this thread was to help other people play their video on their TV via Roku. I don't see how splitting hairs is going to help anything. If you follow my instructions it will work. I have two operational Rokus, several Macs and IOS devices and it works on each and every one.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@nedford  very well said. I also successfully use Apple AirPlay from my phone to my Roku. Across all my Roku's it works. But I mainly use it on my TCL Roku TV with the wireless speakers to AirPlay music from Apple music on my phone to my TV. I have no need to do anything else such as AirPlay a video or mirror my phone. Roku OS 10.5 iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 15.3.1 Apple AirPlay 2. My Roku TV appears in my Apple Homekit now.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Treez

When I click on Apple Airplay and HomeKit, the screen shows the word, ‘Airplay,’ for 1 second, then goes black for 38 seconds, word Airplay pops up for a second then takes me back to the Settings screen. 

0 Kudos
nedford
Channel Surfer

It has to be enabled on the Roku first.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Treez 

Verify that you've reviewed and followed the instructions on the How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

marbelle17
Channel Surfer

June 5 2022 and the same issue

FYI obviously Roku has done ZIP to help this situation because it is June 5 2022 and I am having the same issue. Shame on Roku.

0 Kudos
marbelle17
Channel Surfer

June 5 2022 and I am in the same situation. Shame on Roku

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: June 5 2022 and the same issue

@marbelle17 

Looking at your previous posts, you have yet to describe the issue you're having, nor have you provided the model number and OS version/build. That information would help. And "same" is never a good description. A good description is a good description. Laying out the steps you're doing, and what the result of each is, and where it goes wrong, those would be helpful. If there is an error message, a transcript of that would be helpful. Any error message, the exact wording, not a paraphrase, would be helpful.

Anything helpful you can offer will allow us to understand the issue you are having, and perhaps I, or one of the other users, can replicate the issue, or at least identify where things are going wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
nedford
Channel Surfer

Re: June 5 2022 and the same issue

On your Roku first go to settings, then scroll down to Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Select this then go to system/Screen Mirroring Mode and select one the three choices. Ignore the "Screen MIrroring Devices" for now.

Then follow the instructions in the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

0 Kudos
shmi
Reel Rookie

Danny, I am having the same issues. Roku shows up in my airplay devices list on my iphone 13 pro max but it asks for a code which is not showing up on the TV (connected to the ROKU ultra). Both devices have up to date software.

I can confirm:

The settings should be
Airplay: On
Require code: First time Only

0 Kudos