Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennyrdi

Re: Airplay code not showing up on my TV. All settings are correct, compatible and wifi is the same.

When i click on the airplay icon on my Macbook pro. A window pops up saying "Enter Airplay Code for Roku Premier" No airplay code pops up on the TV.  I have checked my TV and macbook pro are on the same wifi network. I have checked all of the settings and they are correct. I have read and reread all of the article about this and no solutions.  It was working last week so I know my devices are compatible. Any tips appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay code not showing up on my TV. All settings are correct, compatible and wifi is the same.

@Pennyrdi

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-image of the issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nedford
Channel Surfer

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

Go into settings on the Roku drill down to "System" then to "Screen Mirroring", then select "Screen Mirroring Mode" and select "Always Allow".

0 Kudos
Pwd

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku - Solved

I never got a code to show up to enter into iPhone screen mirroring box 

looking for it on Roku.  Works fine on my other tv stick in the cabin

thanks spending much time. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku - Solved

@Pwd

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the steps provided in our Support page to setup Airplay: Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRB60
Reel Rookie

When I go to Apple Airplay and HomeKit in my Roku 4660x settings and <enter> I get a black screen that after a minute or so reverts back to the Roku settings menu.  

My Roku software version is 10.5.0 and my MacBook Air is up to date (OS Monterey 12.2.1)

0 Kudos
Bonecrusher69
Reel Rookie

Have you tried connecting Airplay with Bluetooth on?

0 Kudos
CRB60
Reel Rookie

Yes.  Blue tooth is on. Everything is on the same wireless network 

0 Kudos
nedford
Channel Surfer

You have to first enable it on the Roku. Go into settings on the Roku drill down to "System" then to "Screen Mirroring", then select "Screen Mirroring Mode" and select "Always Allow". Then go into AirPlay settings on your Mac under "displays" and select the Roku from the dropdown. At that point "AirPlay" will appear on the Roku and you're in.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Apple Airplay and screen mirroring are two different things 

0 Kudos