Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shanewing
Reel Rookie

New update was removed and I want it back

I got the new 10.5 update it was great, then you took it away. I want it back.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New update was removed and I want it back

Wow!  You're the first person I've seen that wants it back.  Smiley Happy  Most people are screaming to go the other direction.  What's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
samchops
Reel Rookie

Same here.  I had 10.5 and then it was downdated back to 10.0 via a system "update."  I'm not sure what's up.  I didn't experience any problems with 10.5. Maybe Roku pulled the update (at least on certain models of Roku TVs on which a large number of problems were reported).  Trying to manually update now indicates that 10.0 is up-to-date (it isn't course.)

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is your Roku model one of the ones listed here?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/OS-10-5-Some-older-Roku-TVs-and-Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
samchops
Reel Rookie

It is 7XXX.  I don't have any problems with 10.0 and I didn't have any problems with 10.5.  I assume Roku will issue a modified version of 10.5 once they resolve a few issues.  I would like to update my Roku TV through the normal update process eventually; I don't want to reset the Roku TV to factory defaults and update from a USB.  The procedure is not difficult, but it's a pain in the neck to re-enter all my passwords. 🙂 

0 Kudos