Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itsbeez
Channel Surfer

Re: New * options menu is NOT an improvement

Interesting. Perhaps our Roku TVs work on different software.... Mine is 10.5.0 build 4201-88 and it has the "new" (actually, one from a year or two ago) user-hostile interface.

Freshbrood
Reel Rookie

How did you get the ability to revert to 10.0.0? I'm literally about to drive to Walmart and buy a Firestick unless I can figure it out by today. Hate this so much.

WayneMed
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure. Prior to commenting in this thread I sent a 'problem ticket' to Roku support. After some back and forth clearing up what I was upset with, they told me to check on the TV for an update. Sure enough there was a 10.0.0 'update'. I was previously on 10.0.5 or 10.5 whichever introduced the new picture settings menu

Itsbeez
Channel Surfer

Okay, so they must've rolled just you back to a previous version. I'd like that, too. How did you submit a problem ticket? I see no way to do that on this site, but perhaps I'm missing it. Thanks!

dan6
Channel Surfer

Please tell me how you un-updated. Roku should give those of us that are displeased with the new up/down, left/right TV settings menu the option to opt out of this update. I didn't realize how often I use it during the course of a movie, especially the one I watched today, Titanic. Never been so,,,, nevermind. I'd use my Chromecast but it's remote makes my LED background lights flash, plus I never know which way it's pointing anyway. 

Itsbeez
Channel Surfer

Hey, Roku folks who monitor this, how do we submit a "problem ticket" so that we can rollback this "update" that shifted us to this bad options menu? Better yet, when is an update coming to give us back the more intuitive options menu??? Thanks.

WayneMed
Channel Surfer

A further update. 

they forced another update and got me back on 10.5.0 build 4208. Back to this trash picture settings menu. Roku support is unhelpful and keeps referring me to the TV manufacturer. 

This is a load of garbage and I wish it were possible to give direct feedback to the devs who decided this. I don't need sleep timer and 'sound settings' to be the only things available to me on the first menu. This is such horsecrap.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WayneMed

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Itsbeez
Channel Surfer

I suggest you read the whole thread. It is about the **bleep**, non-intuitive menu that you get when you hit the star button (the "options menu"). We all hate it and liked the one that we had prior. I think this is an older one you've brought back. My software is the latest version. Before this last update, we all had a menu we liked and that was intuitive. Not sure why you changed to this awful menu. Again, this whole thread is about this matter.

rollmebacknow
Channel Surfer

Enough of this trash Roku. No one likes it, wants it, or is pleased about having it forced on them. I'll never buy another Roku TV again because of just this. Give us the choice or get out of my house.

0 Kudos