Features, settings & updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musikmakerkb
Level 7

New Themes and Wallpapers - Old ones are VERY outdated

I have spent the last four hours looking for a way to update my wallpaper.  There are all kinds of posts about updating your screensaver but not your wallpaper.  I went to my roku account and searched for new wallpapers, selected and activated them only to find out they are screensavers NOT wallpaper.  Why is it so difficult to have a different wallpaper?  yes there are different ones in Settings: Themes: Wallpaper but they are very generic and quite frankly insulting to technology of today.  Just a couple of months ago I had options for a Halloween wallpaper and successfully changed it but now there are no options for Christmas?  This seems a very simple update where we can use our own photos for wallpaper (NOT screensavers) or at least other options of REAL pictures and not DOS looking **bleep**.  This is very aggravating. I also know that when I first bought a Roku 5+ years ago, we were able to choose from popular tv shows.  That option isn't there either.  You used to have a "custom" theme option that is no longer there.  PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!  I think there are many who really want this feature back.  Come on Roku.

0 Kudos