Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Themes and Wallpapers - Old ones are VERY outdated

I have spent the last four hours looking for a way to update my wallpaper.  There are all kinds of posts about updating your screensaver but not your wallpaper.  I went to my roku account and searched for new wallpapers, selected and activated them only to find out they are screensavers NOT wallpaper.  Why is it so difficult to have a different wallpaper?  yes there are different ones in Settings: Themes: Wallpaper but they are very generic and quite frankly insulting to technology of today.  Just a couple of months ago I had options for a Halloween wallpaper and successfully changed it but now there are no options for Christmas?  This seems a very simple update where we can use our own photos for wallpaper (NOT screensavers) or at least other options of REAL pictures and not DOS looking **bleep**.  This is very aggravating. I also know that when I first bought a Roku 5+ years ago, we were able to choose from popular tv shows.  That option isn't there either.  You used to have a "custom" theme option that is no longer there.  PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!  I think there are many who really want this feature back.  Come on Roku.

0 Kudos