Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimShaw
Roku Guru

New Roku 4k Express Plus audio problem

I have installed many Rokus for my neighbors and this is the first I have had this problem

Just received a Roku 4K Express Plus from Roku.

Took out my neighbor's older Express Plus and installed the new Express Plus 4K

The Rokus are tied to a received by an HDMI cable

No audio comes from the new 4K but I can unplug the 4K and install the old Roku and there is audio.  Uninstall the old and install the new, no audio.

Each time I reinstall the new 4K I can hear the ROKU dance but once Home pops on, no sound

Is this a bad Roku box or is there something else going on?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: New Roku 4k Express Plus audio problem

This may seem like a stupid question, but have you run the Audio Setup yet, and if so, what are the settings?

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

This is strange.

I took out my Roku Express and plugged in the neighbor's new 4K Roku and the audio works perfect.

Why? OK at my house and not my neighbor's?

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

Why would there be a need to run the audio set up if the old Roku Express works perfect?

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

The new unit needs to know how and what to send to the receiver. 

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

I plugged it into my system.  It worked prefect

Tomorrow, I give your thought a try on her system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

I discovered why no audio

This morning I installed another new 4K Express Plus Roku.

After installed. it also had no audio.  I accidently hit the Options button while the cursor was in settings the row under Home.  Up popped a number of settings and one of those was audio Off or On plus Night Mode, etc., etc.

I have never seen this before.  Maybe this is new on the new Roku 4K Express models

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Roku TVs have different Options than Roku players, and newer Roku players have different Options than older players:  e.g. the 2020 Ultra (4800) and 4K/4K+ (3940/3941) have new & different/different appearing Options (even from each other).

0 Kudos