Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al10
Reel Rookie

My roku software version is not updated.

Jump to solution

I need to update a Roku system to newest version.it suppose to update automatically but it has not been.i tried manually from system update, but it keeps saying "all system is up to date" my version is 9.1.0 new version should be 9.3.0 or higher...I tried to restart a system too.how can I update?help!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My roku software version is not updated.

Jump to solution

Yes, the 3400 is approaching 9 years old and no longer supported by Roku. If you desire a channel that requires the latest OS, you will need to replace your Stick. There are quite a number of new channels that will not install on a device that old. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You need to message @RokuDanny-R with your account email/model #/serial#/device ID/location and a brief summary of the problem and he should be able to assist you further.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

What model Roku device do you have? The specific model number listed under Settings/System/About. It's possible you have a player that is no longer supported and will not get future updates. Since you're still on 9.1, I suspect this may be the reason.

Dan

0 Kudos
al10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is 3400x. Do I have to buy newer version of Roku stick?thank you for your response. I added the channel on spectrum and keep saying I need update software...

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yes, the 3400 is approaching 9 years old and no longer supported by Roku. If you desire a channel that requires the latest OS, you will need to replace your Stick. There are quite a number of new channels that will not install on a device that old. 

Dan

al10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the clear answer!!! It makes sense and I'll go store next.

0 Kudos