Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pin isnt working to add channels

I've tried having no pin and setting a pin. Have not been able to add channels due to this issue.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: My pin isnt working to add channels

What channel are you trying to add? Do you live in the US? Did you follow this?

https://support.roku.com/article/220128567

Alfredo-Roku
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the community @Bigbuddy2022, we're glad to have you here. 

We see you're trying to add channels and aren't able to due to some PIN issues. 

One solution is to check out the article @Ello2022 provided. Thanks for that btw!

If you also attempt to enter your PIN, and this is not being accepted, try resetting your PIN by logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/account. Then, try entering your PIN again. 

Finally, if you update your PIN in your Roku account online, and it is still not being accepted, it's possible that your device is linked to a different Roku account. On your Roku, go to Settings > System > About and review the email address that is listed. If it does not match the account you are logging into online, this would explain why PIN changes aren't having any effect. You can either log into that account online and update your PIN, or you can perform a factory reset on your device by visiting Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset and then link the device to the Roku account you are trying to use. This should resolve the PIN issue. (Note: Be sure to review any active subscriptions you may have on a Roku account before linking your device to a different Roku account, to avoid any duplicate billing issues.)

If you have any questions or are still having issues after following the above steps, feel free to reach back out. We're here for you!

0 Kudos
niami
Channel Surfer

I wanted to add the PBS channel and was asked to enter a PIN. I don't remember ever setting a PIN for Roku (I just got it 2 months ago, no way to forget). Anyway followed all the recommended steps:

- updated the PIN in my Roku account.  Restarted the Roku TV and tried again with the new. Still got Invalid PIN 

- factory reset Roku. While doing this, I noticed nothing looked or behaved like the first Roku setup, from 2 months ago. Then I wanted to proceed with adding the PBS and again, the PIN was invalid.

- I checked my account details: the email was the same.

What else should I do? Why so difficult?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@niami, try removing the PIN and see if you can add the channel.  If you're successful you can always add the PIN again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@niami 

When you logged into your Account at https://www.roku.com/. did you try to "Update PIN Preferences" and select "A Pin is not required to make purchases or add channels", or toggle to "A Pin is required to make purchases".  

Try toggling the different options and then make sure you "Save Preferences" at bottom of that screen.

Then return to your RokuTV and do a Manual System Update followed by a System Restart.  

Settings/System/Software Update followed by Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
niami
Channel Surfer

I removed the pin. It works now. Hope it'll work when I change my mind and choose to keep the PIN on.

0 Kudos
niami
Channel Surfer

Yes, I confirmed I just did that and it worked. I was able to add the channel by removing the PIN requirement.

0 Kudos