Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscox
Channel Surfer

Re: My device has not updated to OS 10.5?

Jump to solution

See: https://community.tablotv.com/t/tablo-app-keeps-randomly-exiting-back-to-roku-home-screen/28171

for more information on the problems that 10.5 is causing.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@chriscox 

I'm not disputing that you're having issues, despite you not answering the question about what issues you're having. I'm saying I didn't have any when I checked this morning. It's not a universal issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
chriscox
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try this:

For me, the crash occurs every time I use the remote’s return key after viewing live tv or a recorded show. Using the return key on the remote while navigating within the app does NOT appear to cause a crash

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@chriscox 

I did. That's how I normally exit a recording or live TV. When I watch a part of a recording this morning, I exited via the BACK button. Same with the live TV I watched.

Whatever is going on isn't impacting everyone.

I don't have 10.5 on all my devices, so perhaps it's only certain devices that are impacted. My Streambar works fine. Tonight, I'll check if updates happened to my Ultra (4660), my Premiere+ (3921), or my Streaming Stick+ (3810) and see how Tablo reacts.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Won’t Update to 10.5 from 10.0

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

Roku rolls out system updates, unit by unit, via some schedule known only to Roku. If you have more than one Roku, each unit may become eligible for the update at a different time, even if they are the same Roku model.  There is nothing you can do to hurry the eligibility of any given unit. 

Today is October 19, 2021 & it's been 29 days since the update to 10.5 was announced (September 20) yet my Roku Streambar still won't update to 10.5. When trying to update it replies that "All software is up to date" yet it remains on software version 10.0.0 Build 4209.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RS99

Jump to solution

Tried to update my Roku Ultra 4660, no luck.  Roku v10.5 update will roll out slowly. Chatted with Roku customer support, they said the update process is a region by region and product category based rollout.  Patience is a virtue here!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yep, you just have to wait. I don't have it on my Ultra 4800 yet either. I do have it on my Premiere and Ultra 4640, but both of those are registered in the beta program, so I never know if I have a public or test version on those. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset with my Roku Streambar & them it updated when I set it back up. I’m going to try that on my other Roku’s when I get around to it. 

0 Kudos
49rFaithful
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 4800 received the update weeks ago but not one of my others has (4662, 3941, 3900, 3700)  and is been a month now. I get it takes time but a month?!?! As for the update to my 4800, I've had no issues at all. I'm actually quit happy with it. Main thing I was unhappy with was the download speeds. Before the update my "$100", 4800 would never get out of the 60 mbps download speed range but now I'm getting 100+ consistently with the 10.5 update. 👍🏾

0 Kudos
Mike-E
Streaming Star

TCL 50S535 Roku tv. When is the new firmware supposed to download?

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 50S535 Roku tv. I read on the internet well over a month ago, that there was a new firmware set to download and install. So far, may tv set has NOT updated from 10.0.0 Build: 4209-88 as of yet. If I do a manual update, it updates channels and such if needed, but nothing else. So, updates are working, and my tv set is hard-wired to my router.

When is this supposed to happen? Or is my tv set just the only one unable to download and install this update?

0 Kudos