Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My device has not updated to OS 10.5?

Jump to solution

@Liverfanster21 wrote:

Also could Roku of changed the device list that would actually get the update?

Not likely.  I don't know of any device that currently has 10.0 that won't get 10.5.  I have to say I factory reset one of my devices to see if I would get and unfortunately I did.  I wish I hadn't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rdhamlett
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 50S535 Roku tv. When is the new firmware supposed to download?

Jump to solution

10.5 does not work with Sling

The rollout is by device types.

I have 3 roku TVs, the 32” are on 10.0, sling works

i have 1 roku tv 65”, updated to 10.5, sling will not work. All of my other apps are work, just not Sling error 27-1.

spoke with tech support at sling, TCL, and submitted an problem report with all 3 have the same “try this” suggestion, delete and reload sling. I go through the steps so they can say they tried and then they say it’s someone’s else’s issue. Very frustrating. Been a long while since I could watch tv on my high cost 65” roku tv.

hey roku, roll me back to 10.0 please

0 Kudos
TallEddieRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Find it interesting how they are rolling out the upgrade, as I have a few different Roku models

Roku 3 (4200x) was the first to get it, no problems

Roku Express (3700)  has received it, no problems

Roku 1 SE (2710 which is in workshop connected to computer monitor) has received it, no known problem.

Roku 4k Stick (3810) has yet to receive it

Roku Express (3930) has yet to receive it

Roku Ultra (4661) has yet to receive it.

Given all the issues reported (and it appears more on TVs than stand alone players) I will simply wait until it's pushed out to my devices.  As an employee of a software company, this is pretty standard of how we usually roll out a new release.  Won't be impatient and factory reset a device simply to get the update.

0 Kudos
my2dimples
Channel Surfer

What you might have to do to get the 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I kept being told that my system just hadn't received the update yet, 10.5. But I could see that my system didn't seem to want to update. So I ended up factory resetting my Roku and got the 10.5 update. You might have to do the same with your system to get the current update.

0 Kudos
Kevnsev
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s nov 13th and only one of my three devices got the update last night.  I don’t get excited about the improvements since it could be 2022 before it hits my other two. Meh. 🤷🏼

0 Kudos
Ederay68

Re: What you might have to do to get the 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I just bought a used Roku Premiere 4630.  Previous owner was still registered and it was running OS 8.0.  Factory Reset only updated to 10.0.  They might be limiting the 10.5 rollout now until a majority of issues have been resolved?

0 Kudos
my2dimples
Channel Surfer

Re: What you might have to do to get the 10.5 update

Jump to solution

My Roku which is only a few months old didn't update. But I factory reset it and it went to the 10.5. Which is what I wanted.

Others may have different experiences.

0 Kudos

Roku Ultra model 4800X won't update to 10.5.0. Stuck at 10.0.0

Jump to solution

I have two Rokus - a model 4 and an Ultra.  The model 4 has already self-updated to v10.5.0, but even after repeated system update checks on the Ultra, it always comes back as "All software is up to date". Obviously not.  Have tried power reset option, no joy.  Why is my unit stuck on 10.0.0 when my model 4 already updated?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra model 4800X won't update to 10.5.0. Stuck at 10.0.0

Jump to solution

No one knows how devices are chosen to receive the update (and this user can't for the life of me understand why anyone wants this bug riddled update), but if you're a glutton for punishment you can factory reset your Ultra and it will probably download the update, but no guarantees.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jurassical
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why was it released when you KNEW/KNOW there was and is and remains a problem with no OTA signal strength for both Hisense and TCL models?

0 Kudos