Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatieFaye

My captioning keeps turning OFF

It also happens on Gaia. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TimothyVen

Re: My captioning keeps turning OFF

To Danny/Karla et al from roku responding, it had become obvious that this is across all roku platforms by this point, whether it be a roku TV, streaming stick or set top box. So asking for the information about model numbers etc is just wasting time. It is also obvious by this point that it goes across all apps, be it hbo max, epix, Showtime, amazon...the list goes on. So again, to point out the obvious, this is a roku system/os issue. 

It's becoming more than a minor annoyance as well. We take our time out to let you know of an issue, and after numerous people have given you the information you requested, you still have no answer nor do you explain that you are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. 

This is a good way to lose customers. By this point, instead of wasting our time and yours telling is to post useless information (because as stated above, is across all roku platforms) you (Roku) could say you're aware of the problem and the engineers are working on it. 

hoppinhal
Reel Rookie

I could not agree with you more. I used to love the ROKU platform because it was portable and I could take it back and forth to my houses and have to enter passwords etc. on the TV's I have the places I have. After 20 years as a ROKU owner and 6 plus units this is how they treat me. I had a issue a couple years back with a purchase from ROKU that I miss entered the mailing address and called and emailed within minutes of the order and they said there was nothing they can do. I'm going to a different platform as soon as I figure out the best one.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the old thread was related to devices on an older OS 11.0. With the release of OS 11.5, we will need more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing to investigate further. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos