Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bbalchus91
Reel Rookie

Re: My captioning keeps turning OFF

Jump to solution

Danny, 

This doesn't work for our tcl roku tv. we turn the roku to always on and then the app.  as soon as a new episode comes on or switch shows, cc turns right back off.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bruce 

Langster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem with TCL roku. Just in the last couple weeks. Seems to be something changed with an update. Same problem stated previously by others. Every episode has to have cc turned back on even thought cc is on in the main settings. 

i hope a fix is coming soom!

crooner7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If your Roku has voice command, you can just say “turn on closed captions”  If no voice control press * and select closed captions on.  But, it is temporary currently.  

Trimhorn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. ROKU please fix it!

Chip427
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here for the past several days 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReeCeeRob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening on HBO Max with my device. Whenever it switches episodes, it turns off the captions.

1. 3810X, YH0053352514, 2130A5352514, 10.5.0 build 4208-50

2. HBO Max

3. 14-128-323

4. When one episode ends and another begins, captions turn themselves off. To recreate turn on captions, let episode end and a new episode start. Or play episode, turn on captions, back out of episode to HBO Max home screen and turn on another episode of anything. Captions will be off. 

Chip427
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue is definitely related to HBO Max, it turns off subtitles for every other channel

3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+, YH006N645249, 10.5.0 build 4208-50

HBO Max 52.10 build 20

Delite
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes. Same issue. Same specs.

HBO Max resets to no captions with each new episode of any series. It does not matter if I stay in the app or exit. Checked HBO version and it is updated to most recent version. Like others noted I noticed this problem a couple of weeks ago, but decided to search for the solution here just now.

dgalbrec

Jump to solution

My primary problem is with HBOmax.  I have ensured they are on for both the Roku and HBO settings. Then when switching back to the show they are not switched on. The setting for the HBO shows is on. The setting on Roku is off.  Please advise.