Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladymaye

My LG TV lost Roku Application (due to a new mother board installed)

We need to re-install the Roku application back into the TV.  This TV had no roku accessories it was downloaded thru the LG. Not sure its Roku Premiere its directly app

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My LG TV lost Roku Application (due to a new mother board installed)

@Ladymaye 

I think you're talking about The Roku Channel, an app that Roku makes. If your TV doesn't have it, it doesn't have it. It appears that you are saying that a repair was done on your TV, and after a replacement motherboard was installed, your TV doesn't have The Roku Channel on it, and it's not available from whatever app store LG uses.

However, you also mentioned a Roku Premiere. That's a Roku streaming device that can be added to TVs to allow them to stream. I'm not clear why you mentioned it.

If you have a Roku Premiere, I suggest using it rather than the LG interface. It has The Roku Channel, of course, and access to thousands of other apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos