Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReRun
Channel Surfer

Re: My Feed data is inaccurate

Jump to solution

With regards to "Dodge City" popping up in My Feed, I wonder if it could be "free" on a channel such as one of the TVTimes, but very difficult to search out.  Roku Search won't find it.  You'd have to search within channels individually; not likely.

Now Roku only gets My Feeds from Tubi, Peacock, Pluto, Redbox, Pandora and PBS, but when I first began using Roku in 2019 My Feeds were plentiful, as were searches.  My Feed's usefulness has declined and didn't even make the list featured in the most recent Roku email, "Best Roku features according to our customers".

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ReRun

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating the content related issue with the title "Funny Farm".

In regards to feeds, we would recommend reading the previous post provided by @makaiguy.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReRun
Channel Surfer

My Feed (1), but NONE?????????

Jump to solution

FYI ... Whenever I turn on Roku for the last few days/weeks, My Feed displays ... My Feed (1), yet there is no new feature in My Feed.  After looking and leaving My Feed, then My Feed no longer displays the (1).  No biggy, just wondered why. 

P.S. why does the above Subject have to be 25 characters and even when it is, the 25 character message doesn't go away.?

0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Re: My Feed (1), but NONE?????????

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here. It's a tiny mystery.

0 Kudos

My feed shows paid channels

Jump to solution

When I select a show from my feed it only has options to watch on paid channels. It doesn’t show he channel that I watch it on such as FOX as an example. It started doing this within the last few weeks.

0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Welp, this burp is back: Whenever the screensaver disappears to reveal the home screen, there's "My Feed (1)" and when I check, nothing there and the "(1)" disappears.

Immediately checked for updates, because sometimes an impending update seems to be the cause of problems. Installed the software update & restarted, but the error's sticking around.

It's not affecting my enjoyment or use of the Roku, but I thought I should mention it in case it's associated with/a sign of some other issue.

[edited because oops, dropped a word]

0 Kudos
VicIac

Jump to solution

Ipcress File series listed on my feed as episode 2 available but when I click on it only episode 1 is available. 

When notified that a new episode of any show is available it will always bring me to the first show in the series.

I have switched most of my apps to go through the Roku channel but does not make it more accurate

0 Kudos
Sackattack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have already sent this to Roku support on twitter and included a video showcasing the never ending problem with “my feed”. 

this is less about following movies for me. This is about telling me when new episodes of current titles of a season are available to stream in subscribed channels. Like paramount+ or amc+ or Hulu, etc. 

This is a huge feature for those that have many subscriptions or cable subscriber channels and sont want to hunt and peck to find when a new episode is a available. 

the problem that is 100% repeatable even if you start from scratch, reset Roku or otherwise. Is that it will ACCURATELY tell me in the feed list when a new episode is available and will show the CORRECT season and episode (eg Fear the Walking Dead S7 | E16 ) but when you select that entry, the next screen which should allow you to stream that specific episode leads you to the wrong episode (eg Fest the Walking Dead S7 | E7). This is not at mercy of the channel providers. Since Roku is showing they have the right info in the list, it is brain dead easy to them coorelate to the right episode. In fact if you use the search feature, it will return the right episode and you can stream from there. 

but everyone can agree that it defeats the purpose of this feature to alert you of a new episode but then require you to manual go fetch it. 

0 Kudos
nwinker13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem!! Someone fix this!

0 Kudos