Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorse1
Streaming Star

My Feed Vanished Overnight

Between last night and this morning, My Feed disappeared completely from my home screen menu. I tried doing a system update and restart, but it's still not there. The only other report of this problem I've found dates back to 2020 . For one person, his system spontaneously rebooted and My Feed was back, but he was unable to add titles to it. For another, it didn't come back at all. No one from Roku pitched in, and the issue is apparently unresolved (or, if it was, they didn't bother to report it).

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thank you,

Terry

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Feed Vanished Overnight

My Feed seems to have been temporarily replaced by "2020 Tokyo Olympics" on the home screen menu on some (all?) systems.

Settings > Home screen lets you choose which optional items you want to Show or Hide.  Presumably My Feed will return after the Olympics.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I just checked my Ultra 4670, and My Feed is still there. I've never used it, so hadn't paid much attention. I even rebooted it to see if it went away, but it's still there. Must be a model-specific thing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

I did that this morning and successfully removed the Olympics item from the menu. However, there was no "My Feed" item in the Home Screen settings that would allow me to re-add it, so it's still missing.

Terry

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@tmorse1 wrote:

Between last night and this morning, My Feed disappeared completely from my home screen menu. I tried doing a system update and restart, but it's still not there. The only other report of this problem I've found dates back to 2020 . For one person, his system spontaneously rebooted and My Feed was back, but he was unable to add titles to it. For another, it didn't come back at all. No one from Roku pitched in, and the issue is apparently unresolved (or, if it was, they didn't bother to report it).

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thank you,

Terry

Try unplugging your Roku  wait 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Or, try disconnecting the HDMI cable from your TV wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@makaiguy wrote:

My Feed seems to have been temporarily replaced by "2020 Tokyo Olympics" on the home screen menu on some (all?) systems.

Settings > Home screen lets you choose which optional items you want to Show or Hide.  Presumably My Feed will return after the Olympics.

No, try going to search and type in 'my feed" and see if it comes up. 

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Tried that, but no joy. I should add that, until this morning, both Olympics and My Feed appeared on the home screen window.

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Tried both, followed by another system restart. Still no My Feed, just:

1. Home
  2. Featured Free
  3. Movie Store
  4. TV Store
  5. Search
  6. Streaming Channels
  7. My Offers, and
  8. Settings

Terry

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

You'll need/want to complain to Roku directly about this (temporary replacement of My Feed with Tokyo Olympics 2020):

chat/email/phone:    https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options        (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

You might also want to message @RokuDanny-R  @RokuMary-F  or @RokuKariza-D  and inform them as well.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Thank you, SU. I e-mailed Roku Support, and will report back as soon as I get a response.

It occurs to me that, if Roku removed My Feed to make way for Olympics, other people should be having the same problem. Has anyone else reading this who uses My Feed had it recently go missing?

Thank you,

Terry

0 Kudos