Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: My Feed Vanished Overnight

@tmorse1 wrote:

Thank you, SU. I e-mailed Roku Support, and will report back as soon as I get a response.

It occurs to me that, if Roku removed My Feed to make way for Olympics, other people should be having the same problem. Has anyone else reading this who uses My Feed had it recently go missing?

Thank you,

Terry

Yes, theres another thread about it:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Where-is-My-Feed-Menu-Option/td-...

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Thank you for the pointer to the other discussion. It appears to have started after I first posted, so a search of the Community didn't turn it up. I hope Roku realizes they have a bunch of angry customers over it, but chances are they're being paid to push the Olympics.

Terry

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

That thread actually started two days before this one (the 17th - this thread started on the 19th), not that its important - its easy to miss newer posts/threads as they can get buried quickly.

Roku is going to do what it always does when issuing temporary UI changes (whether for promotions/ads/events/holidays/launches/etc):  They will ignore all protestation during the change period, the temporary change period ends, and the UI elements will return to what they were before.

Users can limit a lot (but not all) of the UI changes by disabling seasonal themes:  Settings/Theme/Seasonal themes=off

Since most of the temporary UI changes are promotions/advertisements, and this one has a large NBC logo atop this Olympics' logo, we can be sure its paid.

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

The response I got from Roku support is that it "This seems to be a temporary issue with your Roku device. They directed me to do a factory reset following the directions in the article, "How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?"

However, My Feed spontaneously reappeared this morning, so I didn't get to (have to) try out that solution.

Terry

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A factory reset is rather a last gasp drastic solution, so I am glad you didn't have to resort to that. While it will clear things that have been caught in a loop or some other bad/corrupted code, it also means you have to set everything up from scratch again. Even though your channels will all be installed again, you still have to reenter all your login credentials. It's time consuming. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos