Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colos
Reel Rookie

My Feed Number Keeps Coming Back

Recently, the number in parentheses that shows up next to "My Feed" - when there is new info on movies/shows that I followed - keeps coming back after I cleared it.  This happens even though there is no new info.  This started when a "(2)" showed next to "My Feed".  I went into My Feed and saw there was new info for two movies.  I scrolled to each one (this clears the "new info" number), and then went back to Home.  The number disappeared.  However, for several days since then, that "(2)" keeps reappearing even though there is no new info.  I have gone into My Feed and scrolled through every movie and show in there multiple times and I have done that from two different Roku devices.  Each time, the number clears but then it shows up again anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later.  How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Feed Number Keeps Coming Back

@Colos

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide me with the follow information: 

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-screenshot of your feed so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing.

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Colos
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

It's a Roku 4 (but I'm seeing the same thing on my synced Roku Express, too).  It's no longer showing a "(2)" - it's showing a "(1)", now.  But, it's still constantly there unless I have just visited My Feed.  If I open a channel and then return home, the "(1)" is back.  See photo.

Roku 4 - 4400X

SN: YY00GE422988

Device ID: 4U75AG422988

Software: 9.4.0 build 4200-17

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Colos

Thanks for the update.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SharonS
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuDanny-R and @Colos,

I have the same 'My Feed' problem on my TCL Roku TV, and it appears to be related to the new 'Roku Originals' option on the Home screen.

The 'My Feed' field shows (2), even though there were no updates. I deleted everything in My Feed, but (2) kept coming back. 

I turned the TV off/on, did System Restart, unplugged it, same problem. 

The (2) only disappears when I highlight 'My Feed'.

Today, I noticed that the (2) comes back *if I open any channel other than the 'Roku Originals' channel.*

The (2) comes back even when I open the 'Roku Channel' itself, and I don't even have to click on a station.

But again, if I highlight 'My Feed' to clear the (2), open the 'Roku Originals' channel, and even if I start a show, then go back to Home, the (2) DOES NOT appear.

I selected 'Hide' for the 'Roku Originals' home-screen option, but (2) came back after opening any channel.

So it seems that the addition of the 'Roku Originals' option broke 'My Feed'.
System info:

Roku TV 7104X

TCL model 49S405

Serial number YN00RA657385

Software version 10.0.0, build 4209-30

Device ID 9S500R657385

Thanks!

Sharon

0 Kudos
SharonS
Binge Watcher

Update: today when I turned my Roku TV on, a movie that I did not add to 'My Feed' was in My Feed. First the feed number was (1). My screensaver came on, and when I checked again, the number was (2), even though there was only the one movie that mysteriously showed up. This is beyond weird. Please assist.
0 Kudos
SharonS
Binge Watcher

2nd update today: I unplugged/replugged the TV (again), and 'My Feed' is now working properly. The movie that mysteriously showed up today is still there (maybe I added it long ago and it got "stuck"???), but My Feed no longer has a number next to it.
0 Kudos