Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Re: Movies anywhere 4k movies don't work on the new ultra

Jump to solution
No, sorry kevin. My trail ran cold here when they asked about movies anywhere customer support. They want certain things in their report, but I can't locate or seem to find out what my current storage space is. I checked yesterday and still same issues.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There have been recent reports of Ultra players saying they are set at 4K/60, but an reality they're only outputting 1080. And that might make the 4K movies not appear in Movies Anywhere. You might take your Ultra off of auto-detect and set it on 4K/60, then see if the 4K titles appear in MA. 

For what it's worth, I just checked my Ultra (original 4640 model) and MA is showing my 4K/HDR titles. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Yes, I did that also. Telling ya man. It's super odd. No matter what I have tried I only can use the HD content from only that app. All other apps are working properly
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Questions:

Did you remove the Movies Anywhere app and reinstall? Disconnect the services within it and reassociate? Change the HDMI cable from the Roku to the TV? (Your other TV was a TCL with the built-in Roku player that worked fine). Change the HDMI port on the TV? Have you tried the "download" option for any of these movies to see if they would stream? Do you know the internet bandwidth to the Roku, if it's wireless?

Since this seems to be somewhat of a "one-off" issue, I'm not convinced (yet) that it's an Ultra problem - particularly since the other apps are working as directed.

0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Yea, I have done all those steps cept check other hdmi ports. There is no need for that considering it is only in this app that 4k is giving me a playback error protected content license. It work 100% on the same app different device and 100% on different app same device. It is more than likely the app build for the ultra more than anything else.
0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Btw I did not try the download either. 1. considering the protected content license error, it will prob not allow, nor is that really a acceptable workaround. I have just gone back to using Vudu to watch my 4k hdr content. I'll check it once a week, and after roku OS or MA app updates
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share the reports here everyone.

We've gone ahead and passed this feedback along to the channel provider, and requested they investigate. Please continue to follow up with their support team directly for additional help and status updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Drseid
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue.  My titles play in 4K on Vudu, etc., but I can’t get them to play on the Movies Anywhere app on my 4K Roku.  

0 Kudos
stevemol
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Ultra WAS working, but now it doesn't.  Again, only on Movies Anywhere.  Movies Anywhere shows the 4K icon, but says "This device does not support 4K" even though Settings shows that it does.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@stevemol wrote:

My Ultra WAS working, but now it doesn't.  Again, only on Movies Anywhere.  Movies Anywhere shows the 4K icon, but says "This device does not support 4K" even though Settings shows that it does.

Just a quick and obvious question (sorry): is your Roku connected to a 4K display? I know, a dumb question, but still has to be confirmed.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos