Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Movies anywhere 4k movies don't work on the new ultra

Jump to solution
I just took a new TCL 6 series back yesterday and got a roku ultra with my new tv.... BUT I can't watch any 4 k movies on just the movies anywhere app and the HD movies still work. They worked on the roku interface on the TCL yesterday, but not this ultra. They also work on the 4k fire tv in the other room...
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Re: Movies anywhere 4k movies don't work on the new ultra

Jump to solution
Yes they have a icon that says 4k next to the title. And Yes I did talk with there support last night. Everything we tried did not resolve it. My next step with them is fill out a list they gave me including how much available storage is on my Ultra (which I can't seem to locate available storage on it)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@stevemol  Thanks for reaching out. It's possible that the channel provider may currently be limiting streaming quality below 4K due to increased network usage worldwide. It's hard to say though. 

If you are still able to stream that quality in other channels, we'd recommend reaching out to Movies Anywhere support to inquire further, report the issue you are seeing, and request additional support. They develop their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and would be able to best assist with any questions or issues you may face within their channel. You can reach them directly here: (833) 466-8438 or online at https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003866303-Contact-Movies-Anywhere

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
Heyitsrick
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

1. What make and model is the new TV?

2. What does the Roku Ultra say in its Settings -->Display Type section?

Mine says "Detected: 4K HDR 60hz HDCP 2.2". 

You might need to enable a setting on your TV like "Deep Color" or some such to get 4K and/or 4K HDR on that particular HDMI port. So, report back on the Display Type and make/model of TV.

Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
2019 vizio M series M558-G1

I have already enabled Full UHD and mine says detected 4k HDR @ 60Hz.

The problem is 4k hdr content plays on different apps, and literally played on the TCL roku app before I returned it the same day the 2019 ultra started giving me the content license on only 4k movies
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

A few quick questions here: 

- Just to confirm, you mentioned that 4K HDR content plays correctly in other channels on the Roku Ultra? 

- What are a couple example channels where this is working correctly for you? 

- What are a couple example content titles in your Movies Anywhere library that do not play correctly on your Roku Ultra? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Amazon Prime and Vudu are working sources of 4k HDR content. Movies that don't work were hobbs and shaw, toy story 4, avengers endgame. All 4k sources. Scooby Doo 2 and 2016 Ghostbusters are HD and work properly
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extra details. Do Hobbs and Shaw, Toy Story 4, and Avengers Endgame play in standard HD, or will they simply not play at all? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Basically Not at all. I have not options within the app to view at a lower resolution. I thought maybe it was due to the lack of Dolby Vision for the Ultra, but considering VUDU still plays them in HDR 10 I eliminated that idea.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming. Do the titles show that they support 4K HDR format in MoviesAnywhere with an icon or indication that this format is available? Have you contacted MoviesAnywhere support yet to inquire about the issue? https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003866303-Contact-Movies-Anywhere

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Saludgrind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Yes they have a icon that says 4k next to the title. And Yes I did talk with there support last night. Everything we tried did not resolve it. My next step with them is fill out a list they gave me including how much available storage is on my Ultra (which I can't seem to locate available storage on it)
0 Kudos
Kevinl1025

Jump to solution
I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
0 Kudos