Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdutke
Channel Surfer

Most of my channels are erroring out

Gets to 49% then errors out. Most of the apps are erroring out as well. I read through the posts. There is not a single solution posted!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All my Rokus are broken. Then won't update!!

@cdutke 

What Roku model do you have? Include the model number and current OS version with build. Settings > System > About

What apps are experiencing the issue? Name three. Include the version/build of the apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ykelso13

Same!! It says will update software but nothing happens it just stays frozen like mine doesn’t even show anything is happening. It just says will restart after update but nothing is installing or updating just a gray screen

cdutke
Channel Surfer

What does it matter? the three don't update and I followed the Roku solution. Read through all the posts and all I see is problems and no solutions.

I'm posting to let Roku know they have a big issue here that they need to address.  

So unless there is a way to update the firmware with a USB or another way other than WIFI. 

These Rokus of mine connect just fine to the internet through my Wifi and as of last weekend didn't have any issues with apps. Now like over half of them load but do not stream.

Then there are plenty of posts that when they do update, there are tons of issues.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@cdutke 

Hey, if you don't want help, that's fine. I'll go help someone who actually wants help.

I have Roku 10.5 and all my stuff works fine. All my apps load. Everything is fine.

In fact, most users stuff works fine. You're gonna say that's not true, but there are millions of Roku users, and a small percentage are having issues. A small percentage of millions is a big number, but still a small percentage. Most work fine.

We (other users such as me, as well as Roku employees, which I'm not) are trying to find what's in common with those that don't work. Model number would be helpful. But you don't want to resolve this. You just want to complain. So complain. I won't work with you, and I'm actually pretty good at troubleshooting. But so are others, and one of them might put up with your nonsense. I won't.

Maybe somebody else will work with you. I'm gonna try to help those that actually want help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
cdutke
Channel Surfer

I guess that's the issue, you are not a Roku employee. Where does one receive technical help. I tried all the prescribe solutions is pretty much rest your device. So I did that and now it's in a loop and can't be used at all.

1. So either they have server issues pushing out this update!

2, I connected to my hotspot to eliminate my router and ISP.

3. The update does brick some of there products and I have three different ones so that isn't good for them.

4. I asked!? Is there an alternate solution other than what is prescribed?

So Duke? Do you actually have anything worthy to share or are you just complaining about my complaint. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Most of my channels are erroring out

@cdutke @Ykelso13 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos