Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavroom
Reel Rookie

Most menu items are no longer displayed

I have a Roku 3 and Express HD. Within the last week both devices no longer display any menu items other than "Home" and "Settings" (on the left side)

Both were bought and set up in the UK. Device reset and update have not corrected this.

How can I get back to the old menu set up? (in particular the inability to search is very frustrating)

5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Most menu items are no longer displayed

Under settings there is a Home Screen option where you can turn menu items on and off.

Also, the Roku 3 is over 9 years old (model 4200) or 7 years (4230). No model named Express HD I know of. You can find your model number by going to Settings/System/About.

Basically, they are extremely out of date and may not be really supported any more. Many channels will not even load on such old hardware.

You can see a list of Roku models and their release dates here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kavroom 

With the recent rolling release of Roku 11.5 update, really need to report your current OS build to see if contributing factor.

Provide the model numbers of your devices as well as the Software version and build numbers. 

As inidcated by @andyross , all this info can be found in Settings/System/About.

Generally speaking, any Roku Express (other than Express 4k 3940 and Express 4k+ 3941) is considered an Express HD. (max high-definition video output). 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
kavroom
Reel Rookie

Thanks

Build 4193-AE (express 3930EU) and 4193-04 (Roku 3 4200X), both Version 11.0.0, last updates showing as May 2022 for both units, however the change in display occurred no more than 3 days ago

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@kavroom 

To clarify..  Are you talking about options shown on the Roku home page, or options shown in some particular channel app, such as YouTube?

There have been a number of complaints of this on YouTube in the last few days that appear to have been fixed by a recent YouTube update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
kavroom
Reel Rookie

This relates to the menu on the Roku device home page - I don't seem to have any issues with the channels themselves.

0 Kudos