Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rumplestilts
Binge Watcher

Miserable user interface for Media Player app

Jump to solution

We all know the Media Player app.

On my Roku2, the app displays folders and the files within them as lists; if the line item is longer than the provided on-screen length, the title automatically scrolls. Lovely. Perfect. Simple. Above all: Space efficient.

On my new Roku Ultra (2020 model, I think), the folders are displayed as large folder icons crammed together to permit four+ folders across and 1+ folders down. The titles of the folders, however, do not have enough space to permit them to be displayed in their entirety if they are longer than a few words. One must make a selection and then the selected folder's title will appear above the title icons so one knows what one has actually chosen. Then, when one goes into the chosen folder to view the enclosed file's titles, the same nonsense appears: Large icons with very little text and only when a title is selected does the full text of the title appear above the file icons.

I have a suggestion: Bring back the old user interface as an option. It's much more space efficient and is much quicker to navigate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rumplestilts
Binge Watcher

Re: Miserable user interface for Media Player app - SOLVED

Jump to solution

D-oh! I was too far "into" the app for the (*) button to provide that choice. I followed your instructions and that resolved the issue. Thank you, StreamerUser.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Miserable user interface for Media Player app

Jump to solution

Open RMP/Highlight the DLNA+UPnP server/Options (*)/Display format=List

You may need to exit RMP and re-load it for the change to take effect.

0 Kudos
rumplestilts
Binge Watcher

Re: Miserable user interface for Media Player app - SOLVED

Jump to solution

D-oh! I was too far "into" the app for the (*) button to provide that choice. I followed your instructions and that resolved the issue. Thank you, StreamerUser.

0 Kudos