Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle009
Reel Rookie

Re: Miracast - Connecting PC to Roku Help

Jump to solution

@jjfranz2000 wrote:

I have found the problem! Disable the McAfee firewall. At least that is what worked for me.

It worked! 

0 Kudos
Loz147

Jump to solution

This worked for me as well, disabled the McAfee firewall and all was good with casting.

0 Kudos
Zuggin

Jump to solution

Samesies.  Anybody know the appropriate settings to keep the firewall on but allow the mirror connection?

0 Kudos
mloveles

Jump to solution

When I disabled my AVG firewall, I was able to connect to Roku.  Once it was cast, I turned the firewall on during the casting and once I disconnected the cast, I was able to reconnect with the firewall on.

0 Kudos
Oracle009
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will try this. That stuff really made me suffer😁😁

0 Kudos
allsmiles277
Channel Surfer

Re: Casting From Windows 11 to ROKU Premiere

Jump to solution

My HP laptop connects to my Roku streamer just fine with Windows 11 but I have another HP laptop with Windows 11 that will only connect if I turn off the vpn. It will work with nord vpn but loses connection very quickly. 

0 Kudos
coleygross
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Buddy, I've tried everything. I am running stock Defender, and antivirus built into windows. I know others may be better but after reading the antivirus post and doing everything possible (x-computer tech 20 yrs.) I still can't get 11 pro to mirrow. 

Win 10 did a perfect job. Win 11 refuses to let me mirror. (Not CAST, there is a big difference.

0 Kudos
dspanogle
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In Mcafee Firewall My Network Connections add the range 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255  set to Home Network

dspanogle
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In Mcafee Firewall My Network Connections add the range 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255  set to Home Network,  then you can leave the firewall on.

Jump to solution

Podrías decirme. ¿Cuáles son los puertos que hay que abrir? (Could you tell me. What are the ports to open?)

0 Kudos