Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kh7

Just goes to roku page does nothing

I connect to internet says it has update press update then it loads to 100% and goes to page says roku the letters jump and circle but nothing else happens been doing this for 15 minutes? What’s going on?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Just goes to roku page does nothing

When reporting problems it's always a good idea to report your Roku model and model number as shown via Settings > System > About. Often the answers you seek depend on your Roku model and if we have this information to start with, you can get targeted suggestions more quickly.

*If you have a Roku model that has an SD card slot, a corrupted installed card can prevent the Roku from advancing beyond the "bouncing letters" startup screen when powering up, just as you describe. Try removing the SD card and restarting.

You may be able to salvage the card. Try formatting the card in your computer, if it has a card reader that can handle SD cards. After formatting, see if the Roku will detect and reformat the card successfully.

Also, see if this post helps: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Added-SD-Card-Remote-no-longer-works/m-p/646676#M1...

Windows instructions, don't know what would differ on other systems:
Do a slow (i.e. not "fast") format of the card via your computer. Select FAT32 and select it to use the default allocation size.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos