Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreeHat

Is there a way to make the Roku screensaver work while watching Netflix?

I'm using a Streaming Stick +, and when pausing something on Netflix, the Roku screensaver does not come on, nor does the Netflix screensaver. Is there any way to get the Roku screensaver (or any screensaver for that matter) to function while being paused on the Netflix app?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Is there a way to make the Roku screensaver work while watching Netflix?

@FreeHat

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that some channels will override the Roku screensaver. Have you made sure that the channels settings are set for the screensaver?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wengro
Channel Surfer

Re: Is there a way to make the Roku screensaver work while watching Netflix?

I'm having this problem too. I pause a show or movie on Netflix and it just sits on that screen for about an hour - no screensaver starts, neither the Roku one or the Netflix one. After about an hour it exits back to the episode selection screen, where the Netflix screensaver finally starts after a few minutes.

I guess if I plan on getting a new OLED TV I'm going to have to remember to exit the show or movie I'm watching every time I pause it so the screensaver will actually start... YIKES...

0 Kudos