Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Is there a live TV program guide on the web or phone app?

Jump to solution

Is the only Live TV (not antenna) guide that found on my TV? Is there no way to know what's on, when, or info about various shows or movies, when using the Roku Channel on my web browser, or phone? It all seems a bit helter skelter to me, with hundreds of channels, you could spend a lot of time sifting through everything, and still not know anything about what shows are on, in the present, when they end, or any shows that come on after them. Please tell there is, but I just haven't found it yet...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a live TV program guide on the web or phone app?

Jump to solution

@StevenCee 

You haven't overlooked anything.

Much of the content of Roku Channel is available on the apps and Website, but the Live TV Channel Guide isn't one of them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Roku channel and Roku Live TV are free. They are not like a paid subscription service such as YouTube TV or Hulu + Live TV. The Roku Live TV is not actually truly live. Most of it is just airing things at a certain time. More like on demand. There is no guide for Netflix. Hulu or Prime either. So to answer your question no there is no "TV Guide" for the Roku Live TV. If you want such a feature then you will need to subscribe to a live TV streaming service. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@StevenCee 

You haven't overlooked anything.

Much of the content of Roku Channel is available on the apps and Website, but the Live TV Channel Guide isn't one of them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes I think you misunderstood. They are looking for a guide like the old "TV guide" book. Something that says what is on what channel at what time. That way they do not have to scroll through hundreds of channels to find something. Not the actually guide within Roku Live TV. @StevenCee  is never satisfied either by looking at his posts.  Even when using the Roku LIve TV channel and looking at the guide there are so many channels to scroll through. At least if it was a real live tv service you could go to TV Guide online and look up what is on

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sorry, but you have misunderstood. I am NOT looking for something like the old "TV Guide" book, where in the world did you get that?? On the Roku TV, there is, in fact, a "program guide", that you can access when you click on either "Roku Live" or "Broadcast TV". It shows the many hundreds of channels, what's on at what time, and what each show, episode, or movie is about.

All I wanted to know was if that same thing can be accessed when using Roku on a web browser or phone, which @DBDukes answered, quite succinctly, without personal attack, condescension, nor going way out into left field in search of a straw man...

CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StevenCee  You have been a member here for almost a year. You never accessed or tried to access the Roku Live TV from a phone or web browser? So what you really want to see is the same live tv guide you see on your Roku TV in a web browser. No you cannot. Keepin mind that the Roku channel and Roku Live TV is FREE. So you get what you get. You don't have one positive thing to say about Roku when looking at your posts. Why use it then?

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What is your problem? If you could read, you'd see my question was easily answered, already. And what **bleep** difference does it make how long I've been using my Roku TV, for me to have a question about using it on my computer or phone?? I don't ever watch stuff on my phone, for one, and I usually watch a lot of other things on my computer. I have a Roku TV, and only recently have chosen to watch something from Roku on my computer, so what? Do you think your posts are helpful?

CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StevenCee  Look back and all your posts. It's obvious you are unhappy with Roku. So then why use it? I have 2 TCL Roku TVs and 1 Roku Ultra. I love all of them. Never any issues. 

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CelticsFan wrote:

@StevenCee  Look back and all your posts. It's obvious you are unhappy with Roku. So then why use it? I have 2 TCL Roku TVs and 1 Roku Ultra. I love all of them. Never any issues. 

Seriously? Glad you love your problem-free TVs, but that has zero to do with me. If you'd like to buy my not-so-great-working Roku TV & remote, I'll be happy to sell it to you, and then I won't ever have to post here again. If my posts bother you that much, just don't read them... smh

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for asking this. I too was wondering if there was an actual guide that I could scroll through on my laptop rather than scrolling through on the TV itself. Call me 'old school' but it's a bit easier for me that way. I do that with Philo and YouTubeTV as well and it works much better For Me than the onscreen guides do. Maybe a suggestion to Roku might get one in the future, but I'm glad you asked about it.