Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodAtHome
Channel Surfer

Is it possible to migrate my selections from one roku device to another?

Jump to solution

I've got a Roku Ultra, which I've had for a couple of years. Today I purchased a Roku TV. Is it possible to migrate all the channels I've saved to my Roku Ultra, with the credentials to sign into each of them, to the Roku TV? If so, how do I go about doing that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is it possible to migrate my selections from one roku device to another?

Jump to solution

@RodAtHome 

You certainly can "link" all your Roku devices to the same Roku account by using the same email address during setup and activaction.  (The email address is your Roku account).  In order to view the email address registered to your Roku account, go to Settings/System/About.

When the devices are linked, all your channels are synced between devices on that account.  Adding or removing a channel will add or remove them from all linked devices.  You will however have to enter the login credentials (at least once) on each device for channels/app requiring authentication.

To link your RokuTV, just use the same email address as your Ultra.  If you have already setup your RokuTV with another email address, you will have to Factory Reset it (press and hold Reset button for 30+seconds or go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset).  Then set it up and activate it again under the same email address as your existing Ultra.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RodAtHome 

You certainly can "link" all your Roku devices to the same Roku account by using the same email address during setup and activaction.  (The email address is your Roku account).  In order to view the email address registered to your Roku account, go to Settings/System/About.

When the devices are linked, all your channels are synced between devices on that account.  Adding or removing a channel will add or remove them from all linked devices.  You will however have to enter the login credentials (at least once) on each device for channels/app requiring authentication.

To link your RokuTV, just use the same email address as your Ultra.  If you have already setup your RokuTV with another email address, you will have to Factory Reset it (press and hold Reset button for 30+seconds or go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset).  Then set it up and activate it again under the same email address as your existing Ultra.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RodAtHome Just link the new device to the same Roku account.  All channels will be the same on both devices.  Login credentials vary by app.  I have found that I have to login to most apps on the new device.  For future reference any channel you add or delete from one device will be added or deleted on the other device when they are linked to the same account.