Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indicator light stays on after 11.5 update

Hi @RER,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'll share these details with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

NYCRead

Express 4k+ LED light won't turn off

Model 3941X Roku Express 4K+

Serial number X016002LLEVK

Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-CR

The blue LED light on the box always stays on. I have found no settings to fix this. Mainly it is irritating when I go to bed and turn off the Roku and/or connected TV. The light remains on, even after the 20 minute supposed power down.

0 Kudos
ksedwar
Reel Rookie

• Model number 4800X Roku Ultra
  • Serial # X01000PCNH5
  • OS 11.5.0
  • Build 4235-C2
  • Device ID S02A21CCNH5U
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? I always exit Roku in the Home tab in the main menu.
  • Issue ID 5U-433-125

----------

The Power light turned on by itself last night. I had not used the Roku in a few days. It also happened a few weeks ago but I "fixed" it by pulling the power cord and plugging it back in. This time the power light will not turn off. Side note: This Roku is in my bedroom so it's like a spotlight in the middle of the night. I will tape it for now but would rather have it work the way it should. 🙂

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ksedwar,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I have already escalated your information to the appropriate team to investigate further. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this matter as we are working diligently to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

New bug in very latest update restricting powering device off

11.5.0 build 4235-C2 which downloaded on 10/27 to my Ultra has a bug that makes it difficult to power off. Initially it ignores power off (from multiple remotes no matter how long we wait). Then on second press, it goes off and back on as if it recognizes both requests with the second turning it back on.

11.5 was fine for 17 days until this update on 10/27. Haven’t noticed the issue on Roku sticks.

Roku Ultra 4800X
11.5.0 4235-C2

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New bug in very latest update restricting powering device off

@JohnCap523

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drumhobo
Channel Surfer

Won't shut off anymore what can I do

All of a sudden my player won't the blue light won't go off anymore it doesn't shut off like it used to I checked the settings it says after 20 minutes of non use it's supposed to shut off it stopped doing that I have to unplug the power now and then plug it back in when I want to use it it's been used to do that until today I've had it for a couple years at least

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won't shut off anymore what can I do

There's been a few reports that the light doesn't go off with the new 11.5 software, but you shouldn't have to unplug it.  Try pressing Home on your remote a couple of times to wake it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

To be honest, it never really turns off. Even the so-called power saving mode does little. About the only power saved is what the light uses.

0 Kudos
Drumhobo
Channel Surfer

I do press the home button, but blue light stays on anyway

I'm used to it going off, I guess seeing it on now all the time bothers me that's why I unplug it now 

0 Kudos