Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rpaloalto
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Same here with Roku ultra. Only mine cycles from sleep to wake. I'm home sick watching TV. Seems like every 2 hours the light turns on for for a while then turns back off. 

0 Kudos
JLS1979
Channel Surfer

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Will that be sometime soon?  In the meantime every single person who has a Roku in a sleeping area has to have that light blasting into the room all night!  More than a little annoying.  🙄 And how does something like this get accidentally programmed anyway??  🤷🏼‍♀️ Sometimes it feels like technology is actually moving in reverse!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @JLS1979

Thanks for the post.

We believe that this issue has been resolved. Please run a software update to your Roku device and see if that will make a difference. If you need help updating your device, you can follow the instructions I posted in this thread: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JLS1979
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku is updated (looks like the unit checks for updates every day).  The light never goes out when turned off, beams into my room/face all night long.

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What I don't understand is this: when people complain about the light keeping them up at night.  How far away do you sleep from your Roku?  I have 2 units, one in the bedroom, and one in the living room, and while my light doesn't stay on, it turns on, when I toggle the TV power, either on, or off, then goes off when the Roku returns to standby.  That light even in the dark isn't even as bright as the nightlights I have that are LED.  So people must be sleeping  with the device in their face to be bothered by it so much.

With that said, I still think there is a bug present as the Roku shouldn't wake up on both power on, and power off cycles of the TV. if the goal was to increase CEC functionality where it wakes up when selecting the input, that I can see, but then it should be an option that can be turned on and off by user choice.

I forgot to mention that the Roku in the bedroom is in a TV cart across the room from my bed.  So from the bed, the light is just a little tiny pin dot of light.

0 Kudos
JLS1979
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My unit is clear across the room from where I sleep.  Comparing it to a nightlight, is absurd!  People who have nightlights actually WANT it lit in the dark.  A Roku not in use should not be lit up when off, regardless of personal sensitivity levels.  And maybe the light level is different on each model??

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was comparing it to a nightlight because if I use the Roku when it's dark, or I've just turned off the TV and it's dark, and the Roku light is still on, it doesn't even cast any sort of light.  I have a HDMI switch between my Roku and Apple TV in the bedroom that has a constant green and red LED lit.  Red for Power, green for the selected port.  The Roku is white, and not any worse than those indicator lights as far as a distraction.  I'm apologize if I came across wrong.  However, from my own personal experience with several models of Roku over the years, and then hearing people on forums complain about the light as a disturbance in the dark, automatically gives me the impression the Roku is right next to their bed to be any kind of problem like that in which case, I could understand.

With all this said, there is one thing you could try to get the light to stay off until Roku fixes the problem.

If connected to a TV directly simply set the TV to a different HDMI / other input than what the Roku is connected to before powering off.  If it's connected to a receiver, do the same thing with the receiver.

I find when I use a different device, and I change the input my Roku lights go off and stay off unless it's input is active.

Models I have are an ultra 4660, and a 4800.  Both have os 10.5.0 built 4208.

0 Kudos
Mianlien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, the remote just turn off the tv, but Roku still on and talk.

How to fix this .

Thank

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Mianlien wrote:

I have the same problem, the remote just turn off the tv, but Roku still on and talk.

How to fix this .

Thank

From my experience, this issue has been resolved in OS 11.  Try checking for a software update, if you're not on OS 11.

0 Kudos
Mianlien
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Thank you . It work on

0 Kudos