Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikejojo
Reel Rookie

I keep getting a overheating notice. The url i'm directed to doesn't lead anywhere. Help

Upper right hand corner of the tv has a big exclamation point in a circle and says "Your device is overheating  For help, visit: go.roku.com/tempcheck.  That link doesn't connect to anything. 

Article not found. Please check the url and try again.

Help @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I keep getting a overheating notice. The url i'm directed to doesn't lead anywhere. Help

@mikejojo 

That link automatically redirected me to this link. https://support.roku.com/article/226794787 (What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I keep getting a overheating notice. The url i'm directed to doesn't lead anywhere. Help

Hi @mikejojo,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the overheating issue you are experiencing.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.
For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...
I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website and seeing if that resolved your issue. 

If the issue is unresolved, kindly provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @mikejojo,

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website

@mikejojo-  Please note that the free HDMI extender offer is only for Roku Streaming Stick models, and it will ask for your serial number to confim.  It also has been reported here that this also only applies to those in the US.

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Alternatively, you vould make your own extension by connecting a female-to-female HDMI adapter to one end of a stansrd male-to-male HDMI cord.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mikejojo
Reel Rookie

I appreciate the suggestion.  I clicked the link and filled out the form but they keep saying the SN is incorrect.  I've filled out the form 5x now...I assure Roku that i have the correct serial number.  (It's great they clear the form every time - not really, it stinks).  This whole site/forum/experience with Roku and this issue has been so frustrating. Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 7.54.12 AM.png

0 Kudos
renojim

@mikejojo, nobody knows why, but Roku devices have two serial numbers.  To further confuse things, one is referred to as both a serial number and a device ID by Roku.  If the "serial number" printed on the stick doesn't work try the one shown under your linked devices at https://my.roku.com or both numbers displayed under Settings->System->About by your Roku stick.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mikejojo
Reel Rookie

Thanks for this helpful info.  This worked!  It's amazing how many roadblocks Roku has for you while you try to navigate their site & find solutions.  Weird way to run a company.

0 Kudos