Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edcoonce

I have a 5 year old ROKU tv that has the old operating system, thus no access to Apple TV+,

I have a 5 year old ROKU tv that has the old operating system, thus no access to Apple TV+, like the new models. Can I buy a Roku Express 4K+ and bypass the built in operating system? If so, how? My TV is an older Insignia model. I don't want to watch online, I need the big screen

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I have a 5 year old ROKU tv that has the old operating system, thus no access to Apple TV+,

You just set the TV to display the input where the Roku is connected, same as a Blu-ray player etc.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a 5 year old ROKU tv that has the old operating system, thus no access to Apple TV+,

@edcoonce-

What Roku operating system version do you have?  SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ABOUT will show you.  While there, what model Roku TV do you have?

Have you tried to update your Roku software via USB thumb drive?  https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/212361468

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@edcoonce As @Strega indicated just use the input the new device is connected to.  To get to that input on the Insignia on startup go to settings, power, and set power on to input which has the new device.  I have an older TCL Roku TV that I use with a Roku Streaming Stick + 

0 Kudos