Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_H

Re: i cant activate my espn code

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Comcast is my provider. I get an oauth error and it times out.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @S_H

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the error code or message you're receiving?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@S_HAre you trying to use the code with your TV Provider login or ESPN Account login? The ESPN account login is actually for ESPN+ and requires a subscription. In my opinion ESPN login in very confusing.

0 Kudos
deauxn

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @deauxn

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. You can reach ESPN+ support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Hilda

Jump to solution

Asking for my tv provider is that my internet provider? That is how I stream and my internet provider is not recognized ACS Alaska Communications Service 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Hilda, a TV provider is something like a cable company or a streaming provider like Philo, YoutubeTV, etc.  An Internet provider is not the same thing.  You have to be paying for ESPN as part of a TV package to activate it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TOMT_3

Re: I cant activate my ESPN code

Jump to solution

is some one going to answer these questions ? I have paid over $100.00 now cant watch games

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I cant activate my ESPN code

Jump to solution

Hi @TOMT_3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the ESPN channel. Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? In the meantime, you can also try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos