Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RezaOmidi
Reel Rookie

I can not add any new channel in my Roku

Hi Everyone,

After updating my system, Search Icon removed from my Roku and I am not able to add any new channel specially the channels which are not in the list of streaming channels of Roku. What shall I do? any suggestion?

Thanks for your Help

Regards

Reza

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can not add any new channel in my Roku

What model Roku do you have? Need the model number, not just a name. Are you located in the US or elsewhere?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RezaOmidi
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Roku Stick 3500, I live in Germany. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

OK, the 3500 is getting pretty old. It was released in March 2014. You're located in a country that is officially supported by Roku, but they do alter the OS in some ways for different locations. Search might be something that simply isn't supported on older devices any longer. As software/firmware is updated, certain features are sometimes no longer feasible. 

But the biggest issues is that as devices get older, the channel providers stop supporting the devices. There are many new channels that simply won't work on older devices. When you browse the channel store on the device, any channel that isn't supported on your device isn't shown. You can't install what you can't find in the store. I'm afraid that your Stick likely no longer supports the channels you desire. It's unfortunate, but it happens with technology that moves at a faster pace, such as electronic devices. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RezaOmidi
Reel Rookie

Many thanks for your guidance.

Which model do you recommend? Do you think 3810R is suitable?:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/3810R-Streaming-Player-Wireless-Remote/dp/B075XLWML4/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2W6G...

0 Kudos
atc98092

Since Roku availability differs by country, I can't say for certain what might be available to you. The 3810 is, while newer, still an older device, released in Oct 2017. It's still a competent player, and should support all the latest channels. The 3810 was updated in Sept 2019, so that's likely the version that is available to you, so more current. I really hate it when Roku releases a new version and keeps the same name/model number.

The most recent model Roku Stick is the 3820/3821, released late last year. The most significant improvement with the 382x is Dolby Vision support, although it also has the latest processor and is more powerful. But unless you can use Dolby Vision, the 3810 should be fine. 

Dan